Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Survivors on BBC America

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted February 20 2010 - 02:02 PM

I recently came across this show on demand and I am really enjoying what I have seen so far.

http://www.bbcameric...t/370/index.jsp
Apparently, this show is already in its second season. The first season is currently airing on BBCAmerica. Great show I highly recommend it for those who like series like Jericho and Jeremiah.
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,980 posts

Posted February 21 2010 - 08:32 AM

It's a remake of a late-70s BBC series.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted February 21 2010 - 08:43 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm going to watch the first two two episodes On Demand rather than the shorter edited broadcast version. Yesterday I saw it listed on TitanTV with the April 1975 air dates so I passed on recording such an old show.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted February 23 2010 - 04:40 AM

I am currently on episode 4 of season 1 and I think this show is very well done. I do have many questions though about certain aspects of the show.

1. You'd think that based on the many events that have occurred, they would tighten up security on the house they are currently staying in. It frustrates me that they have no weapons or plans of action for when intruders or raiders show up.

2. Abbey seems to be the only thinking long term here. Why is it that none of the others can seem to understand the neccessity of stockpiling, growing their own food or foraging? It's like they only do it when they get to the point of complaining.

3. Where are they getting all this petrol? Syphoning it from cars? Just one of thte things I wish they would show us. I realize it isn't too important in the grand scheme of things as far as the show goes, but it bugs me not seeing how they get it.

After watching 4 episodes of the new Survivors, I am interested in netflixing the 70's version.
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON