Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Nancy Drew Hardy Boys Mysteries Season 3 ? ? ?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 of 35 OFFLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,282 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted February 19 2010 - 05:10 AM

Anyone else hoping for news on season 3 set? 

Currently Barnes & Noble has Season 1 + 2 on sale for 50% off retail of 39.99.

I believe Season 3 is really short also... maybe around 10 Episodes.

I hope Universal finishes off the series.

****Sorry I should have titled the Subject Hardy Boys Mysteries Season 3**** Modorator If you can change title please do so.******

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#2 of 35 OFFLINE   kemcha

kemcha

Second Unit

• 376 posts

Posted February 19 2010 - 06:47 AM

Powell, everyone has been waiting for the third season for the longest time. Also, the name of the series for the first two seasons was "The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Mysteries." For the last season, it was simply known as "The Hardy Boys Mysteries." The Nancy Drew segment of the series was dropped for the last season.

Check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hardy_Boys/Nancy_Drew_Mysteries#Third_Season

#3 of 35 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,347 posts

Posted February 19 2010 - 07:19 AM

not to mention on a complete different issue was the 1969 Hardy Boys Cartoon by filmation that used the books for the mysteries, but, made some changes to actual plots.

I think there was another post not that long ago that basically said the first two season came out to tied into the Nancy Drew Movie. So, i have my doubts that the third and final season will ever be released.

#4 of 35 ONLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,103 posts

Posted February 19 2010 - 07:48 AM

I don't see it happening unless that oft-postponed "Hardy Men" movie gets made and then Universal could release S3 as a tie-in just like S2 got released only because of the flop "Nancy Drew" movie that came out.

#5 of 35 OFFLINE   ElizM

ElizM

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted April 23 2010 - 05:24 AM

This is a really interesting blog post about the series. I really hope we get the final season on DVD.

www.denofgeek.com/television/468349/the_hardy_boysnancy_drew_mysteries.html

#6 of 35 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,347 posts

Posted April 23 2010 - 06:58 AM

i would love to see the final season come out. I would also love to see the 1969-1970 cartoon as well released. I know there is different issues with the cartoon, especially around ownership rights.

I still have about 20-30 hardy boy books sitting on a book case. I remember reading them when i was 10-14.

#7 of 35 ONLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,103 posts

Posted April 23 2010 - 07:33 AM

The final season I would love (especially for another Anne Lockhart guest shot!) but I have to admit I am glad that we at least got S2 which is the "key" season of the series, whereas S3 is a bit more of a break from the format.

#8 of 35 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,998 posts

Posted April 23 2010 - 05:17 PM

Woludn't mind seeing the unaired/unsold pilot done at 20th Century Fox around 1966-1967

#9 of 35 OFFLINE   Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Producer

• 3,101 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted April 23 2010 - 07:32 PM

There also is "The Mystery of Ghost Farm," the Hardy Boys Disney serial which aired on The Mickey Mouse Club during the 1957-58 season.

Rich Gallagher

#10 of 35 OFFLINE   rwiatt

rwiatt

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 02 2011 - 02:19 AM

I really would like Universal to finish the series. The studios do themselves a HUGE disservice to the paying public when they will not complete a series--especially one this popular.

#11 of 35 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,347 posts

Posted February 02 2011 - 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by rwiatt 

I really would like Universal to finish the series. The studios do themselves a HUGE disservice to the paying public when they will not complete a series--especially one this popular.

There has been some earlier posts about the issue of Hardy Boys. One of the post mention that Hardy Boys S2 came out with the release of the Nancy Drew movie. It frustrates me that there is only one season left of the show and it would be nice complete the set. I have many of the books, but i would love to see this show completed. I am wondering if the delay has something to do with movie being proposed called the Hardy Men.

I would also like to see the cartoon releases as well. It did segments on the book, but, they modify them a little from the book, plus they had lots of singing, etc. I grew up as kid on hardy boy books and it is sad this new generation of kids can not experience the hardy boys, especially the old writings of Franklin W Dixon.

#12 of 35 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted February 03 2011 - 01:50 AM

I would also like to see the final season come out. But at this point I am beyond doubtful. But I am still enjoying the first 2 seasons. Posted Image

#13 of 35 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,347 posts

Posted February 03 2011 - 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pete Battista 

I would also like to see the final season come out. But at this point I am beyond doubtful. But I am still enjoying the first 2 seasons. Posted Image

Hi Pete,

I agree with you on your comments. I am getting more frustrated with shows that have like 1 or 2 seasons left to complete. I can list the shows, like White Shadow, SWAT, Charlie's Angels, etc. It would be nice to complete these sets.

I watch the hardy boys from time to time. I was not a big fan of Nancy Drew, so, i usually do not touch those shows. I do not remember much about S3 of the hardy boys. However, i have read some info they join the justice department for S3 and Nancy Drew was dropped. The network probably should have dropped Nancy Drew after S1. The crossover episodes did not interest me, because i am not a big fan of pamela sue martin.

#14 of 35 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:17 PM

I would also like to see the final season come out. But at this point I am beyond doubtful. But I am still enjoying the first 2 seasons. :)

http://www.tvshowson...-Season-3/17726

#15 of 35 ONLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,103 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:14 PM

FINALLY! I know this last season was weak overall, but it's great to see it completed at long last (it will only have taken eight years to get three seasons out), plus it has a guest shot of Battlestar Galactica's Anne Lockhart I've wanted a good release of for a long time. Maybe this means we'll also see Universal's other "one season to go stalled" title, "Baa Baa Black Sheep" come soon as well?

#16 of 35 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,347 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:17 PM

FINALLY! I know this last season was weak overall, but it's great to see it completed at long last (it will only have taken eight years to get three seasons out), plus it has a guest shot of Battlestar Galactica's Anne Lockhart I've wanted a good release of for a long time. Maybe this means we'll also see Universal's other "one season to go stalled" title, "Baa Baa Black Sheep" come soon as well?

Hopefully they can next work on the cartoon from 1969 that different spin on the books, but still worth having in my collection. I grew up with the hardy boys and still have close to 30 books laying around!

#17 of 35 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:27 PM

wow. consider me surprised, I thought that series was abandoned forever. Can't wait, it's coming out just before my birthday! Maybe there is hope for Early Edition season 3 or Love Boat season 3 too!

#18 of 35 OFFLINE   PatrickGoodluck

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:33 PM

WOW! This is splendid news! Even though I already have them all from various sources, it would be nice to get them in superior quality. The opening (2-part) episodes "The Last Kiss Of Summer" (guest starring Ann Lockhart as Jack mentioned) are amongst the best I think. It's very moving. I did miss Pamela Sue Martin as Nancy Drew but I still find the last season very enjoyable and entertaining never the less. Amazon is listing the price as $170.78 marked down from $243.97. This must be a mistake, surely? Season 3 was a shorter season with only 10 episodes produced.

#19 of 35 OFFLINE   PatrickGoodluck

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hopefully they can next work on the cartoon from 1969 that different spin on the books, but still worth having in my collection. I grew up with the hardy boys and still have close to 30 books laying around!

I grew up watching this cartoon series too in the afternoon... as well as The Beatles cartoons which were playing here at 7am (after The Thunderbirds). Would love to see this released also. I have all or most of the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew books released in the 70's. Also the 2 Hardy Boys LP releases that were used for music in the cartoon series. Great times!

#20 of 35 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,127 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 04:36 PM

Great news! This is a total shocker. I had givn up on this one. Now if Shout can ressurect the long dead Baretta I'd really be happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users