What's new

dvd pacific ? (1 Viewer)

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Ceased trading. Apparently they have decided to close - the current economy problems, plus a dwindling market and one of the owners is ill. They have apparently sold the business to what they describe as their primary supplier. I guess this means that someone has simply acquired the assets such as the website etc.

However, the fact that that message has been up for days doesn;t bode well.

It's a shame, as they were always my R1 store of first choice. The same is true of many international buyers. Their prices were good, and the customer service always excellent.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
I preordered a number of products and am now wondering where that leaves me.

Serega_M

Agent
I personally wondered the same thing, that they are closing doors really, cause the message is already way more than for 48 hours and they have just partially filled and sent my order, while the remaining titles remains unsent. If they are closing doors forever - it will be a big loss for the international customers, really, as they were my only DVD/BD supplier for the past 5-7 years :(

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Originally Posted by Serega_M

I personally wondered the same thing, that they are closing doors really, cause the message is already way more than for 48 hours and they have just partially filled and sent my order, while the remaining titles remains unsent. If they are closing doors forever - it will be a big loss for the international customers, really, as they were my only DVD/BD supplier for the past 5-7 years :(
I managed to log into my acct and cancel any outstanding orders. I don't know if that will help you.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Originally Posted by Simon Howson

Does time go slower in Florida? Is that why retirees move there?
Many move to Florida for the warm weather. Right now however it is cold in Florida.

Serega_M

Agent
Kingfish, I do not wish to cancel my orders because they are not charging cc before the actual shipping, and on some other forum I've read the message that indeed they have transferred their business to their biggest DVD supplier Alliance, although Allience itself seems to be ceasing distribution operations on March 16. I dunno what will become of it, but for now I will wait till March 1st, and if there won't be ANY resolution to their situation I will start looking for another supplier, although all the options I saw are not so attractive to me, and some are impossible to use cause they are not sending to Russia (DeepDiscount)... :(

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Oh, that is a real shame, they have been my only R1 supplier for a long time, now I need to go out and find another one.
Where do people shop these days?

mustang

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
patrick
Their Back In Business And They Have Some Cheeeeeeep Prices.
Whispering Smith tv Series 12 Bucks,Their Giving It Away.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I believe they probably were sold. All open orders including preorders are cancelled

The 48 hour wait is over!

Yes we know it was more than 48 hours and we apologize for the delay but we are certain you will enjoy the many exciting opportunities awaiting you at the new look DVD Pacific.

Please keep in mind there are some changes between what you may have been used to and the new web store so take some time to look around and read the FAQ's.

All back orders and pre orders have been cancelled so you will be required to resubmit all orders.

You are given a link to a new site
http://dvdpacific.directtoustore.com/default.aspx

Direct To U Store, whatever that is, seems to be the new owner.

No more domestic free shipping. Cheapest rate is $1.98 for 1st item plus .50 for each additional item

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks