Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

How do I get a Technicolor "To the Shores of Tripoli"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted February 10 2010 - 09:48 AM

I ordered a copy of To the Shores of Tripoli recently, and got the B&W version instead of the corrected version.

But when I tried to call Fox to get the replacement disc, they asked like I was crazy.  (Admittedly, it has been almost 8 years since the mistake, but still...)

So how can I tell online which is which?  I found in the archived threads about the different ISBNs (B&W 24543 03956 vs. Color 24543 05307).  Amazon has two listings for the DVD:

www.amazon.com/Shores-Tripoli-John-Payne/dp/B00096S4BW/ref=sr_1_1

www.amazon.com/Shores-Tripoli-John-Payne/dp/B000063URZ/ref=sr_1_2

Would the DVD with the later release date be the Technicolor one?

BARBARA WRIGHT: You're from Earth?
MORTON DILL: No... no, ma'am, I... I'm from Alabama.
Doctor Who: Flight Through Eternity

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,851 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 10 2010 - 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tucker 

I ordered a copy of To the Shores of Tripoli recently, and got the B&W version instead of the corrected version.

But when I tried to call Fox to get the replacement disc, they asked like I was crazy.  (Admittedly, it has been almost 8 years since the mistake, but still...)

So how can I tell online which is which?  I found in the archived threads about the different ISBNs (B&W 24543 03956 vs. Color 24543 05307).  Amazon has two listings for the DVD:

www.amazon.com/Shores-Tripoli-John-Payne/dp/B00096S4BW/ref=sr_1_1

www.amazon.com/Shores-Tripoli-John-Payne/dp/B000063URZ/ref=sr_1_2

Would the DVD with the later release date be the Technicolor one?

The correct one is :
www.amazon.com/Shores-Tripoli-John-Payne/dp/B000063URZ/ref=sr_1_2 http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=hometheaterforum-20&l=ur2&o=1   which has a release date of June 24, 2002

The other one has a release date of May 21, 2002.

I had forgotten the screw up with this title, but I have both copies and was kind of ticked off over it.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman