Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Zack Snyder's Man of Steel

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#441 of 601 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted April 17 2013 - 11:49 AM

That trailer kicked ass!  All the components look to be there.   Two excellent actors playing Kal-el's two fathers.  Costner really nails the, 'Of course, you're my son,' line.  

Great supporting cast.  The only question mark remains - Cavill.  So far, he is not projecting Superman to me.

Its missing a Superman smile, he looks so miserable. 

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#442 of 601 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,805 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 17 2013 - 12:37 PM

I couldn't put my finger on it but that's a great point.

#443 of 601 OFFLINE   dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member

• 3,393 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 01:01 PM

I thought the wry smile and eye flash he gave Lois during the "S" conversation was an encouraging sign that it won't be all gloom and doom.

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#444 of 601 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,078 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 03:39 PM

The parts with Crowe and Costner were the best thing in that really good trailer. I liked Amy Adams too. Looking forward to this.

#445 of 601 ONLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,908 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 06:46 PM

I loved the music in the trailer. I'm sure that those that don't like Zimmer or can't accept anything other than Williams' theme will might have issue with the score, but just from the little bit I've heard here I suspect I'm going to love it.
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#446 of 601 ONLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,908 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 08:11 PM

image.jpg image.jpg

#447 of 601 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted April 18 2013 - 12:06 AM

Posted Imageimage.jpg
Posted Imageimage.jpg

I should clarify, it's missing a warm sincere Superman smile, a Christopher Reeve type smile rather than a smarmy potentially evil smile as seen in the stills above.

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#448 of 601 ONLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,908 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 04:19 AM

Wow. Im sorry, but NOTHING about that scene in the trailer gave any sort of "smarmy and potentially evil" vibe.

Edited by Sean Bryan, April 18 2013 - 04:23 AM.

#449 of 601 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted April 18 2013 - 04:24 AM

Wow. Im sorry, but NOTHING about that scene in the trailer gave any sort of "smarmy and potentially evil" vibe.

The scene played live doesn't give that vibe, the scene as seen in the two stills provided above does look like he is a bit smarmy and evil, it's the eyes in the first still and the half smile, just looks a little creepy to me, plays better as a trailer than a still shot.

Edited by FoxyMulder, April 18 2013 - 04:25 AM.

#450 of 601 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,048 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 10:30 AM

Cavill has a douchey look to me.  It's like he's always smelling something foul and nasty, and his face just make this weird "eww..." facial expression.

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#451 of 601 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,048 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 11:07 AM

Could not resist sharing:

super-dads.jpg

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#452 of 601 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,990 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 11:34 AM

From back in Feb....Take it with a grain of salt....

Early Reactions to Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel”Posted on 2.28.13 by Alex CoreyA scooper friend of Joblo has already seen an early screening of the film. Here are his initial thoughts which he provided in bullet notes:“- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.- It’s the best movie of the year.- There’s TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.- The cape is CG’d most of the time so it can look awesome.- They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.- It’s not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.- The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place”Many have presented the upcoming superman reboot as a product of Christopher Nolan so I’m glad this scooper gave props to Zack Snyder upfront. While it’s great what Nolan did with the Batman franchise, the media hasn’t given enough acclaim to the actual director, Snyder. This is the same guy who made 300 and Watchmen. Granted, the latest trailer reminds me more of his 2004 revival of Dawn of the Dead.The cinematography is shaky and looks has a more natural look compared to 300 and Watchmen which were glossier with darker lighting. The trailer doesn’t give away a lot of the action scenes as the scooper suggested, but if is indeed a: “Nolan film with Snyder effects and action”, then it should have Snyder’s trademark speed-up, slow-down action style.The scooper says that the film isn’t “as serious as the trailer suggests”. Does this mean Christopher Meloni will provide comic relief as Colonel Hardy? Or will it be Laurence Fishbourne as The Daily Planet Editor? Perhaps the story will have situational humor involving Henry Cavill (Superman) sprinkled throughout, similar to Chris Hemsworth’s role in Thor.I still crack up when I remember Hemsworth smashing the coffee mug on the floor and yelling, “I’ll have another!”

http://latino-review...yders-man-steel

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#453 of 601 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 05:50 PM

The image looks so drab and gloomy. Superman is about hope. He's not Batman.

Posted Image

Posted Image

All the stills Ive seen actually look better with the saturation upped. The middle is what they're using, yet to me the last pic looks best.

Posted Image

#454 of 601 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 06:03 PM

I kind of like this...

Posted Image

But IMHO they went overboard with the texture. Another overdesigned suit. Theres so much texture, it looks like armor, which is just wrong on Superman. I understand WHY its used by Kal-El, but wished they toned it down.

Had no idea Antje Traue was in this....

Posted Image

#455 of 601 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,749 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 19 2013 - 06:10 PM

With regards to the Kryptonians, apparently:

Spoiler

#456 of 601 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,237 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 08:11 PM

Could not resist sharing:

Posted Imagesuper-dads.jpg

If only they could have made the Kents a same sex couple and worked Cary Elwes into the cast.

STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#457 of 601 OFFLINE   bryan4999

bryan4999

Supporting Actor

• 533 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 07:47 AM

All the stills Ive seen actually look better with the saturation upped. The middle is what they're using, yet to me the last pic looks best.

Posted Image

I agree. They don't make movies in color anymore.

#458 of 601 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,078 posts

Posted April 21 2013 - 03:49 AM

Synder's movies all seem to walk the line between color and monochrome. 

#459 of 601 OFFLINE   JSLasher

JSLasher

Extra

• 21 posts
  • LocationMenindee NSW Australia

Posted April 21 2013 - 05:35 PM

I have watched the trailers on YouTube. Frankly, I am not at all impressed with Mr Cavell's acting. He's totally wrong in my opinion. Also, if one looks closely (some one else has already pointed this out on a YouTube blog) they will note chest hair sticking out at the top of his uniform. Why didn't someone in the production team get the actor to depilate his body hair? Superman is supposed to be the clean-cut all-American hero and would certainly be smooth all over (so to speak). Another person noted, perhaps a bit too tongue in cheek, that Cavell will be the first actor with an "intact" penis to play the American superhero. I will leave that one for others to comment on.

#460 of 601 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,455 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted April 23 2013 - 11:56 AM

Chest hair? We're basing the possible merits of the film on chest hair?

:mellow:

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users