What's new

Sound Of Music 2010 ??????? (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Heard a few rumors that SOM is coming out on blu by xmas. Any other news? I know you SOM fans are out there.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, this could happen, because the idiotic studio "anniversary" mentality seems to require that a catalog title almost always be released in a year after the original release date that is divisible by five. 1965 = 45 year anniversary. If it doesn't happen this year, we may have to wait until 2015 for the 50th. F**kin' stupid.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I always see people complaining about studios releasing movies to coincide with anniversaries but are there that many releases that have delayed to coincide with an anniversary? I have no doubt that some have but it's not like this an epidemic (and if anything I see fans talking way more about a xth anniversary release than studios actually doing it).

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The real question is what we'd get if it is released this year. If I'm going to buy it again, I want the transfer to be a keeper - I don't really care about the extras.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
The Digital Bits has confirmed that SOM will be released as a 45th aniversary edition on bluray in time for xmas.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Yeah, ten (10) months away, why do they even bother telling us in Feb?????
Most Studios wait until 3-4 months out before they announce.

So does this mean we get 1 musical from Fox a year (Wow!) such slow output

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
All the websites received a simple email from Fox announcing
the fact that THE SOUND OF MUSIC would be released on
Blu-ray this Christmas.

We are supposed to be sent a promotional trailer for the
title which we will post here shortly.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Everything that I'm hearing from the technical side is that every stop is being pulled out toward making this a perfect release.

Do I believe this? Yes.

RAH

Originally Posted by Felix Martinez

Excited and hopeful about the news, but I ain't buying until I read Mr. Harris' "a few words about..." it.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Robert Harris

Everything that I'm hearing from the technical side is that every stop is being pulled out toward making this a perfect release.

Do I believe this? Yes.

RAH

Well that is the SOUND OF MUSIC to my ears. Thanks for making we wish it was November already.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Fantastic!

Am I now seriously excited? Yes!

Originally Posted by Robert Harris

Do I believe this? Yes.

RAH

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
..nice.

I'm even more excited now. Short and to the point. Nice teaser. Would love to see it as an HD trailer.

Wonder who was playing the piano version of My Favorite Things?

I hope the soundtrack is better than the last release. Some low sound effects were missing from the track (such as Maria slapping her skirt during the opening number.) And hopefully it is directional. I have every confidence that FOX will do as much as possible to make this a definitive release.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Originally Posted by Eric Scott Richard

I hope the soundtrack is better than the last release. Some low sound effects were missing from the track (such as Maria slapping her skirt during the opening number.) And hopefully it is directional. I have every confidence that FOX will do as much as possible to make this a definitive release.
Yes, I really enjoy the movies with directional dialog.

Simon Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon Lewis
I hope we get it in the UK at Christmas but I very much doubt it. We're still waiting for South Pacific.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks