What's new

SWEET! AT&T to finally allow Slingplayer Mobile over 3G on iPhone... (1 Viewer)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Interesting addition to the story here.

SlingMedia is now saying that AT&T never worked with them to further modify the program and that the discussions referred to in the above announcement never happened. The slingplayer mobile program for iPhone 3G network use was never additionally modified from its conception and it always varied its video quality based on the bandwidth available. AT&T has since modified the announcement removing references to discussion about optimizing the slingplayer mobile program.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/02/05/sling-media-denies-collaboration-with-atandt-on-3g-streaming/

So...AT&T, while now allowing the program to work over 3G on the iPhone...is now lying about how it came to that decision in its press releases? Speculation is that this is to set precedent and imply that other companies need to work closely with AT&T when they design their programs in the future that rely on heavy data use of their network.

Hmmmmm......AT&T is really a piece of work aren't they?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Thanks for the info Brian.

I am going to move this to the Apple area as I am sure you will get more responses.

Parker

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
A couple of days ago Elgato released a new version of their EyeTV iPhone app. which officially streams over 3G as well. I guess AT&T is liberalizing across the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks