What's new

Marantz NR1501 or Pioneer VSX 819 (1 Viewer)

Joestas

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Hi,

I'm going to buy my first system this week. I can get a good deal on KEF 2005.3 speakers but I still don't know what reciever to buy.

The Marantz is £100 more than the Pioneer but I can afford it if it's worth the extra money.

I'll be using it mainly for my PS3, Xbox and as a music system. Thanks a lot for reading

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
The Marantz is definitely much nicer looking and better built. I've observed the Pioneer VSX-819 inside and out and I can tell you that it's a low end OEM from Sherwood. The display is very cheap and dim on the 819, but I believe it has an OSD (on screen display). Both receivers are 5.1 out of the box and the 819 is expandable to 7.1 via surround back preouts. The 819 has Zone two capability as well and comes with a means to connect and interface an iPod.

The Marantz is a Marantz all the way and it's kind of special because it's much slimmer than ordinary receivers. I kind of want one for myself honestly. I'd probably skip the Pioneer in favor of the Marantz if I had the extra cash. I'd certainly go for the Marantz if none of the extra features the Pioneer has entice you at all. If you are buying a new Marantz (not a refurb from Accessories4less.com if that's available in Europe) you'll get a 3 year warranty. The refurb comes with a 1 year warranty and costs significantly less. Pioneer offers only a 1 year warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread