Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Michael Jackson "This is it" DVD question/help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Paul Pro

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 10:39 AM

Hello,

I immensely enjoyed the movie and just got the DVD. Unfortunately the scene selections don’t have label/descriptions and are just simply numbered (a sad growing trend with dvds these days).

Can anyone provide me a list of the songs from the movie and to what scene # they appear in the DVD? 

The DVD has 28 scenes and I believe there were about 20 songs performed in the film.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Martino

Martino

Supporting Actor

• 669 posts
  • LocationSanta Clara, CA

Posted February 04 2010 - 01:58 PM

Looked it up here - not sure of the order, but the # is the same that you mentioned...

http://en.wikipedia....s_Is_It#Content

[edit]
Songs performed in the film

[*]"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'"[*]"Speechless"[*]"Jam"[*]"They Don't Care About Us"[*]"Human Nature" °[*]"Smooth Criminal" *[*]"The Way You Make Me Feel"[*]"I Want You Back"[*]"The Love You Save"[*]"I'll Be There"[*]"Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)" [Instrumental][*]"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (duet with Judith Hill)[*]"Thriller"[*]"Beat It[*]"Black or White"[*]"Earth Song"[*]"Billie Jean"[*]"Man in the Mirror"[*]"This Is It" (played during the credits)[*]"Heal the World" (live audio played during the credits)

* - Smooth Criminal was both performed in the film and played as backing music during the dancers' auditions; the performance piece also included songs "Put the Blame on Mame" and "I Hadn't Anyone Till You".
° - Human Nature was also played during the credits and at the end of the movie, featuring an alternate video clip.

[edit] Notes

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Paul Pro

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted February 07 2010 - 05:54 PM

^^^Thanks for the list but the DVD has 28 scene selections so it wont be in direct order of the songs in the moive. There's interviews/behind the scenes stuff that extends it. 

I assume some of the scenes on the dvd contain some behind the scenes stuff, before, durring and after a particular song. And some scenes may not contain any songs at all. I simply want to know in which numbed DVD scene matches up to 20 songs from the movie. 

I find the scene selection feature in this DVD is useless. If I have freind over and want to show him the song "Smooth Criminal" for example, trying to find the scene to skip to is like a needle in a haystack. The scenes have NO discriptions and the pictures doesnt help because most of them are just pics of MJ singing which could be any song . 

If any DVD ever made needed captioned chapter stops, this was it. Pretty unfortunate.