-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official LEGION Review Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted January 30 2010 - 04:29 PM

After spending half the movie setting up a group of characters that end up stuck inside a roadside diner, the movie seems to skip a reel where you can't really make heads-or-tails of the appearance of Michael and Gabriel, angels from on-high in a time where the apocalypse seems eminent as the unborn child of a pregnant girl about to give birth becomes the target for some crazy creatures that show up out of the blue.  The script is just incomprensible once they board up the diner to keep out the freaks that show up looking for the unborn baby.

I give it 1.5 stars, or a grade of D+.

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 4 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,703 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 31 2010 - 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun View Post

The script is just incomprensible once they board up the diner to keep out the freaks that show up looking for the unborn baby. 

Agreed completely. I wasn't really into the movie up until that point anyway but when it stopped making any kind of sense, I just gave up.

#3 of 4 ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,470 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 01:47 AM

My daughter forced me to take her and a friend to this yesterday.  I would have to third Patrick and second Travis on this one, wait for the DVD.  Too bad, I am a Paul Bettany fan.  What it did do was reinforce how much I hate going to the theater...

It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink: 

#4 of 4 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,388 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted January 31 2010 - 04:27 AM

This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Legion". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an
Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule