-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

using receiver to power cd player -rca cables or single digital cable

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 AmusingistheDawn

AmusingistheDawn

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted January 29 2010 - 08:16 AM

I bought a DCD-3520 and the DAC is far better than the one in the receiver.  To utilize the DAC in the CDP do I simply need to connect with RCA cables? 

Samsung HL61A750  -PS Audio Soloist into Quintet  -Denon 2808CI  -Denon DCD-3520 (Burr-Brown OPA-627opamps & Elna Silmic II capacitors)  -Panasonic DMP-BD35K  -Dish Vip722  -Harmony One  -Klipsch KLF-20's (HT mains)  -Klipsch KLF C-7 (Crites crossover)  -Klipsch S-2's  -Klipsch RW-10 

#2 of 3 Selden Ball

Selden Ball

Second Unit

• 412 posts

Posted January 29 2010 - 09:00 AM

Yes.

Just hook them up to the old fashioned red/white CD connections on your receiver.

However, how much better it will sound also depends on your receiver. Some have a "stereo direct" setting which causes their analog inputs to completely bypass any internal digital circuitry. Some do not. Redigitizing the analog output of a quality DAC defeats the purpose. That's why some people invest in a separate analog stereo system.

Selden

#3 of 3 AmusingistheDawn

AmusingistheDawn

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted January 30 2010 - 07:05 AM

I'm half way there.  I'm looking for an older receiver from the 70's to suit my needs, however in the meantime the 2808 will do. 

It does have a Pure Direct Mode which is different than the Direct/Stereo Mode it also has.  I have read that is bypasses all the circuitry inside.  Anyways, I'll eventually get an amp/receiver for 2 channel stereo, but then that also includes new speakers...so, I hope this sounds good for the time being.

Samsung HL61A750  -PS Audio Soloist into Quintet  -Denon 2808CI  -Denon DCD-3520 (Burr-Brown OPA-627opamps & Elna Silmic II capacitors)  -Panasonic DMP-BD35K  -Dish Vip722  -Harmony One  -Klipsch KLF-20's (HT mains)  -Klipsch KLF C-7 (Crites crossover)  -Klipsch S-2's  -Klipsch RW-10