What's new

I wanna watch tv while listening to the radio / cd player. (1 Viewer)

Homboy1000

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
Hello y'all! My first post and surely not the last! I have a Denon 3808ci and am scratching my head trying to figure out how I can still watch tv, which is hooked up to the Denon for surround sound via hdmi cable. Is it possible to still get video and then be able to get audio from another source simultaneously! I like to watch sports but still be able to have some tunes or listen to the local announcers for the football games. I think I might be able to do it through the zones 2 or 3 but have been unsuccessful. Not even sure if this is possible, but keep thinking there must be a way. Any help out there? Thanks!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm assuming you have cable or satellite for your source and there is some type of decoding box used since you mentioned HDMI. What other video outputs are available on your cable box/sat receiver. Connect those outputs directly to the TV. Tune your Denon to whatever radio station you want to listen to.

Homboy1000

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
Exactly! I knew it could be done, but was trying to make it too complicated. Had to step out of the tangled mess of wires back here to realize the simplicity of it! Thanks for the quick response Robert!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Originally Posted by Homboy1000 Is it possible to still get video and then be able to get audio from another source simultaneously! I like to watch sports but still be able to have some tunes or listen to the local announcers for the football games. [FONT= 'Comic Sans MS']Don’t know how it is with your receiver, but with mine I can switch from a video input (like satellite) to any audio source, and the picture remains on the screen. (All my sources are connected to the receiver.)[/FONT]

[FONT= 'Comic Sans MS']Regards,[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Comic Sans MS']Wayne A. Pflughaupt[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks