Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I wanna watch tv while listening to the radio / cd player.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Homboy1000

Homboy1000

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 27 2010 - 05:31 AM

Hello y'all! My first post and surely not the last!  I have a Denon 3808ci and am scratching my head trying to figure out how I can still watch tv, which is hooked up to the Denon for surround sound via hdmi cable. Is it possible to still get video and then be able to get audio from another source simultaneously! I like to watch sports but still be able to have some tunes or listen to the local announcers for the football games. I think I might be able to do it through the zones 2 or 3 but have been unsuccessful. Not even sure if this is possible, but keep thinking there must be a way. Any help out there? Thanks!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 27 2010 - 05:40 AM

I'm assuming you have cable or satellite for your source and there is some type of decoding box used since you mentioned HDMI.  What other video outputs are available on your cable box/sat receiver.  Connect those outputs directly to the TV.  Tune your Denon to whatever radio station you want to listen to.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Homboy1000

Homboy1000

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 27 2010 - 05:50 AM

Exactly! I knew it could be done, but was trying to make it too complicated. Had to step out of the tangled mess of wires back here to realize the simplicity of it!  Thanks for the quick response Robert!

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,915 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homboy1000 
 Is it possible to still get video and then be able to get audio from another source simultaneously! I like to watch sports but still be able to have some tunes or listen to the local announcers for the football games.

Don’t know how it is with your receiver, but with mine I can switch from a video input (like satellite) to any audio source, and the picture remains on the screen.  (All my sources are connected to the receiver.)

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   asicsshoes

asicsshoes

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted September 03 2010 - 07:35 PM

asics onitsuka tiger mexico 66 mens onitsuka tiger ultimate 81 tokidoki onitsuka tiger shoes asics gel stratus Onitsuka Tiger Rotation 77 Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 Lauta onitsuka tiger mexico baja Onitsuka Tiger Coolidge Lo Asics Japan Ar asics gel stratus Onitsuka Tiger Olympos best asics running shoes for women onitsuka tiger ultimate onitsuka tiger mexico mid asics gel lyte 3 buy asics gel kinsei cheap onitsuka tiger mexico 66asics onitsuka tiger mexico 66 mens onitsuka tiger ultimate 81 tokidoki onitsuka tiger shoes asics gel stratus Onitsuka Tiger Rotation 77 Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 Lauta onitsuka tiger mexico baja Onitsuka Tiger Coolidge Lo Asics Japan Ar asics gel stratus Onitsuka Tiger Olympos best asics running shoes for women onitsuka tiger ultimate onitsuka tiger mexico mid asics gel lyte 3 buy asics gel kinsei cheap onitsuka tiger mexico 66