Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BVHE Press Release: Toy Story and Toy Story 2 (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 of 28 OFFLINE   Reagan

Reagan

Supporting Actor

• 545 posts

Posted January 27 2010 - 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

I know I've made a habit out of posting this link in other Toy Story-related threads (so please forgive me if you've seen it elsewhere)...but HERE is just one of the reasons these films mean so much to me. 

Just in case there's someone out there who might be interested in the story...
I did not know that story, Mike. That's so sweet.
Thanks for sharing it.

-Reagan

The truth doesn't care whether you believe it.

#22 of 28 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,466 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 27 2010 - 08:43 AM

Thanks, Reagan.  The first time a movie ever moved me to an actual tear in the theater...and it's gotta be an animated PIXAR film! 

Crazy world we live in.  But it's a tip of the hat to the creative people at PIXAR.  I know I'm not the only person who was impacted by that montage and Sarah MacLachlan's ethereal performance of Randy Newman's song.  I've heard from many others. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#23 of 28 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,498 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted January 27 2010 - 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon [url=/forum/thread/297469/bvhe-press-release-toy-story-and-toy-story-2-blu-ray#post_3654014]

I'm with you, these blu's will have to sit beside the UTB on my shelf.  Few sets match what that UTB did, heck, it's gorgeous just to look at! 

#24 of 28 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,654 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 27 2010 - 10:47 AM

Keep checking your amazon gold box, I had one of these in there and was given an extra $1.25 off.

I have a feeling that before or at release these will be around $30 or less for both.

facebook.com/whotony

#25 of 28 OFFLINE   David Deeb

David Deeb

Supporting Actor

• 869 posts

Posted January 28 2010 - 03:16 AM

I keep adding this combo to my cart yet it keeps adding them into the cart @ $24.99 each. ??? 

#26 of 28 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,466 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 28 2010 - 03:28 AM

I've purchased a couple of these Disney/Pixar two-fer deals from amazon, David (Monster's Inc & Up being one of them). 

The $10 discount comes at checkout.  You've got to actually pull the trigger to see the savings.

Any further discounts of the prices of the two titles made before release day will still be deducted from your order (without impact on the $10 discount).

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#27 of 28 OFFLINE   David Deeb

David Deeb

Supporting Actor

• 869 posts

Posted January 28 2010 - 09:19 AM

Thanks Mike.  That makes sense.  Haven't pulled the trigger cause there is a ton of other pre-release stuff in my cart I'm just kind of thinking about.   
Great to have on BD though.  Have the UTB and wondering should I keep it?  Typically I would get rid of it, but those discs really did have great special features.  One of the few worthy of "special".  Wondering if they will port all that over.
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

I've purchased a couple of these Disney/Pixar two-fer deals from amazon, David (Monster's Inc & Up being one of them). 

The $10 discount comes at checkout.  You've got to actually pull the trigger to see the savings.

Any further discounts of the prices of the two titles made before release day will still be deducted from your order (without impact on the $10 discount).

#28 of 28 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted January 29 2010 - 03:34 AM

Hands down Pixar's best films, can't wait to own these on Blu.

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users