Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BVHE Press Release: Toy Story and Toy Story 2 (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 of 28 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,624 posts

Posted January 26 2010 - 01:19 PM

Posted Image

The “Toys” Are Coming To Life -- Like Never Before!

Disney*Pixar Present For the Very First Time In Blu-ray™ High Definition

TOY STORY and TOY STORY 2
Posted ImagePosted Image

Fantastic Blu-ray Debuts Allow Fans to Experience the Hilarious Adventures of the “Toy Story” Gang with Blu-ray’s Eye-Popping Picture and “Buzz”-Worthy Sound!

Releases Include Exciting Sneek Peeks of This Summer’s Eagerly Anticipated Toy Story 3

Toy Story BD & DVD Combo Pack and Toy Story 2 BD & DVD Combo Pack

Available March 23, 2010, at an SRP  $39.99

Direct pre-book:                                      1/26/10                       

Distributor pre-book:                         2/09/10

Also Available: Toy Story Special Edition DVD and Toy Story 2 Special Edition DVD

Available May 18, 2010, at an SRP of $29.99

Direct pre-book:                                      3/16/10                       

Distributor pre-book:                         3/30/10

TOY STORY BD & DVD COMBO PACK *ALL NEW* BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:

• The Story: An Exclusive Sneak Peek at Toy Story 3
  • Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: Blast Off
  • Paths to Pixar: Artists
  • Studio Stories: John’s Car
  • Studio Stories: Baby AJ
  • Studio Stories: Scooter Races
  • Buzz Takes Manhattan
  • Black Friday: The Toy Story You Never Saw
  • Plus BD-Live movie chat, movie mail, movie challenge and more! (Only Available on the Blu-ray Disc)

TOY STORY 2 BD & DVD COMBO PACK *ALL NEW* BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:

Characters: An Exclusive Sneak Peek At Toy Story 3 

Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: International Space Station

Paths to Pixar: Technical Artists

Studio Stories: Toy Story 2 Sleep Deprivation Lab

Studio Stories: Pinocchio

Studio Stories: The Movie Vanishes

Pixar’s Zoetrope

• Celebrating our Friend Joe Ranft
  • Plus BD-Live movie chat, movie mail, movie challenge and more! (Only Available on the Blu-ray Disc)

Toy Story and Toy Story 2 ‘Special Edition’ DVDs include all the above special features, except for the BD-Live Portal Features.

Detailed information about these exciting new bonus features, and others, is forthcoming.

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista product, which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios

Posted ImagePosted Image 

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 28 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,736 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted January 26 2010 - 01:26 PM

Very glad to hear about this but what took so long!! /img/vbsmilies/htf/confused.gif This is the type of release that could have driven BR player and disk sales right from the start. Should have happened a long time ago.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 28 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,624 posts

Posted January 26 2010 - 01:29 PM

You can purchase both of these titles on Amazon for a special
price of $39.98

That is for both.

Click on one of the Amazon links above and look for the special
BEST VALUE order link about 1/4 of the page down.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 28 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,342 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 26 2010 - 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene c View Post

This is the type of release that could have driven BR player and disk sales right from the start.

It's sort of the chicken and the egg syndrome but Disney doesn't really care about selling Blu-ray players. The longer they wait to release these movies, the more players that are already in homes and the more copies they sell.

#5 of 28 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,228 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 26 2010 - 03:01 PM

Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln!

I never tire of hearing this news!  /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#6 of 28 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,736 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted January 26 2010 - 03:02 PM

Quote:
It's sort of the chicken and the egg syndrome but Disney doesn't really care about selling Blu-ray players. The longer they wait to release these movies, the more players that are already in homes and the more copies they sell.

I suppose that's true but sometimes it amazes me that they can't see the big picture.

Anyway...

Quote:
price of $39.98

Already have. Now I sit and wait.

"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

#7 of 28 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,736 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted January 26 2010 - 03:05 PM

Quote:

Hyper-ventilating there Mike?

#8 of 28 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,228 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 26 2010 - 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene c 

Already have. Now I sit and wait.
Me, too.  I just can't see myself retiring my Ultimate Toy Box. THAT was the set that got me seriously into DVD in the first place. 

As good as I know these Blu-ray discs will be (Pixar has yet to let us down)...I've got a strong affection for that UTB.  /img/vbsmilies/htf/blush.gif

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#9 of 28 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,228 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 26 2010 - 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene c 

Hyper-ventilating there Mike?
/img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif

#10 of 28 OFFLINE   Jeff Newcomb

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted January 26 2010 - 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

A quote from the wonderful Toy Story 2, of course.  Did you know that it was put in as a reference to the fact that Tom Hanks is actually a relative of Lincoln's mother, Nancy Hanks?

I really want these discs, but I'm trying to resist buying them, since I'm sure that they're just a stop-gap release to tie in to the theatrical release of the new film.  A revamped Blu version of The Ultimate Toy Box with all three films and all the supplements will surely come out for Christmas.

#11 of 28 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,342 posts

Posted January 27 2010 - 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Newcomb View Post

I really want these discs, but I'm trying to resist buying them, since I'm sure that they're just a stop-gap release to tie in to the theatrical release of the new film.  A revamped Blu version of The Ultimate Toy Box with all three films and all the supplements will surely come out for Christmas.

Never say never but I'd be pretty surprised if the inevitable set was anything more than these discs and the TS3 disc in a box.

#12 of 28 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted January 27 2010 - 01:38 AM

Glad to see we got some new bonus features but I really really enjoy those Cine-explore PiP tracks on the other Disney releases like Sleeping Beauty and Pinnochio and Cars. Wish there was one on each of the Toy Story films.

#13 of 28 OFFLINE   Reagan

Reagan

Supporting Actor

• 545 posts

Posted January 27 2010 - 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein 

price of $39.98

That is for both.

Click on one of the Amazon links above and look for the special
BEST VALUE order link about 1/4 of the page down.
Done. That's a great deal. Thanks for the head's up, Ron.

-R

The truth doesn't care whether you believe it.

#14 of 28 ONLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,665 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted January 27 2010 - 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

Me, too.  I just can't see myself retiring my Ultimate Toy Box. THAT was the set that got me seriously into DVD in the first place. 

As good as I know these Blu-ray discs will be (Pixar has yet to let us down)...I've got a strong affection for that UTB. 

I sold my Ultimate Toy Box copy once these were announced. While we have received a lot of enjoyment from watching the UTB, I cannot see any reason to keep it on the shelf anymore.

#15 of 28 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 4,078 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted January 27 2010 - 05:31 AM

I'm gonna wait for the Inevitable Toy Box for BD. We all know it's gonna happen.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#16 of 28 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,228 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 27 2010 - 06:12 AM

There would be no reason for all the original features not to be carried over to the BD versions. 

#17 of 28 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,342 posts

Posted January 27 2010 - 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon View Post

There would be no reason for all the original features not to be carried over to the BD versions. 

The only thing from the previous releases that I don't expect to see is the sounds effect-only soundtrack option (which wasn't on the DVD re-release from a few years ago either).

#18 of 28 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,305 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted January 27 2010 - 07:20 AM

I could see them dropping the short films, since they have the Vol. 1 Pixars Shorts BD already out.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#19 of 28 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,319 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted January 27 2010 - 07:42 AM

I imagine there might be 3-D versions down the line of all 3 at some point.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#20 of 28 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,228 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 27 2010 - 07:55 AM

I know I've made a habit out of posting this link in other Toy Story-related threads (so please forgive me if you've seen it elsewhere)...but HERE is just one of the reasons these films mean so much to me. 

Just in case there's someone out there who might be interested in the story...