Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PHE Press Release: Minority Report (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,273 posts

Posted January 26 2010 - 02:45 AM

TOM CRUISE STARS IN DIRECTOR STEVEN SPIELBERG’S SCIENCE FICTION THRILLER ARRIVING ON BLU-RAY FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER

MINORITY REPORT

Filled with Sensational Action, the Futuristic Drama Debuts on Blu-ray April 20, 2010 Loaded with Over an Hour of All-New Bonus Material Including a New Interview with Steven Spielberg

HOLLYWOOD, CALIF. – Director Steven Spielberg brings the dark future of Philip K. Dick’s prescient short story to life in the action-packed sci-fi film
MINORITY REPORT, debuting on Blu-ray April 20, 2010 from Paramount Home Entertainment.  Starring Tom Cruise as John Anderton, a Washington D.C. detective in the year 2054, MINORITY REPORT deals with themes of mind control and concealed identity against a backdrop of a stunningly realized future complete with technological gadgets and advancements devised by a team of futurists assembled by the director.  Anderton works for Precrime, a special unit of the police department that arrests murderers before they’ve committed the act by relying on the visions of three psychic “precogs.”  But when Anderton is accused, he becomes a fugitive and begins to suspect a cover-up that could have far-reaching implications for the Precrime department.

The MINORITY REPORT Blu-ray features over an hour of all-new bonus material including an extensive look at the future according to Steven Spielberg, an exploration of the world of Precrime, previz sequences, featurettes on Philip K. Dick, the film’s futuristic props and the making of key scenes, commercials of the future and more.  The disc also includes previously released special features on the breathtaking stunts, the work of ILM, the film’s journey from story to screen and much, much more.

MINORITY REPORT Blu-ray:

The MINORITY REPORT Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital with English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles.  The following new bonus features are all presented in high definition:

·      The Future According to Steven Spielberg (HD)

·      Inside the World of Precrime (HD)

·      Philip K. Dick, Steven Spielberg and Minority Report (HD)

·      Minority Report: Future Realized (HD)

·      Minority Report: Props of the Future (HD)

·      Highlights from Minority Report: From the Set

o   The Hoverpack Sequence (HD)

o   The Car Factory Sequence (HD)

·      Minority Report: Commercials of the Future (HD)

·      Previz Sequences

o   The Hoverpack Sequence Previz (HD)

o   Maglev Chase Previz (HD)

Previously released bonus material is presented in standard definition, except as noted:

·      From Story to Screen

·      Deconstructing Minority Report

·      The Stunts of Minority Report

·      ILM and Minority Report

·      Final Report

·      Production Concepts

·      Storyboard Sequences

·      Trailers (HD)

About Paramount Home Entertainment

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.  PPC is a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands.  PHE is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment products on behalf of various parties including: Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Paramount Famous Productions, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment.

Paramount Home Entertainment Contacts:

For Print:  

For Broadcast:

For Online:

For Radio:

Deborah Peters, deborah_peters@paramount.com, (310) 284-8301

Fred Paik, fppr@sbcglobal.net, (323) 434-1418

Mac McLean, mac@click-comm.com, (818) 392-8863

Brian Sommer, brian_sommer@paramount.com, (323) 956-4476

MINORITY REPORT Blu-ray

Street date: April 20, 2010

Pricing:                        $29.99 U.S.

Runtime:                        146 minutes

U.S. Rating:            PG-13 for violence, brief language, some sexuality and drug content

Canadian Rating: 

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted January 26 2010 - 04:31 AM

Lots to love about this news.
New 4k master created
New content in HD!
DTS-HD Master Audio - should sound terrific
Fair SRP meaning it won't be more than $20 at Amazon.com and other retailers.

100% certain buy on day 1 for me

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted January 26 2010 - 05:40 AM

Sounds like it should be a great set.

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   Jeff Robertson

Jeff Robertson

Second Unit

• 458 posts

Posted January 26 2010 - 05:51 AM

Agreed! This is a blind buy for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw 

Lots to love about this news.
New 4k master created
New content in HD!
DTS-HD Master Audio - should sound terrific
Fair SRP meaning it won't be more than $20 at Amazon.com and other retailers.

100% certain buy on day 1 for me

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted January 28 2010 - 01:27 AM

Very cool film, a must buy for me.

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,045 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted January 30 2010 - 09:30 AM

Yeah, this is also a definite Day One purchase for me, too. All the stuff from the original DVD, plus new HD supplements, plus a new 4K master?

Total no-brainer.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   AaronMK

AaronMK

Supporting Actor

• 768 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted February 03 2010 - 05:36 PM

Looks like a great release of a great movie, with an MSRP that should translate into very reasonable street prices!

Looks like definite purchase for me as well!

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted February 04 2010 - 03:21 AM

Hell YES.

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted February 08 2010 - 06:02 AM

Excited for this release, too, but whoever came up with this cover art needs to be fired.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035WTJFW?tag=blurayforum-20

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,737 posts

Posted February 08 2010 - 06:20 AM

I agree! Tom Cruise's head is nowhere near big enough! /img/vbsmilies/htf/tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway 

Excited for this release, too, but whoever came up with this cover art needs to be fired.

http://www.amazon.co...=blurayforum-20

/img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsdown.gif

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   Jeff Robertson

Jeff Robertson

Second Unit

• 458 posts

Posted February 08 2010 - 07:36 AM

I usually do not care too much about artwork, but what I am seeing really is bad.

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   CynthiaF200

CynthiaF200

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted February 08 2010 - 02:50 PM

I've read somewhere else they're re-doing the cover art. I'm thinking Spielberg didn't like how the art looked.
Maybe my husband will sell our DVD release of the film. This'll be a 2-disc release, correct?

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted February 08 2010 - 04:58 PM

I like the art, and I appreciate the cleverness of putting the touch-point directly over his "third eye". It conveys both the technology, and the extrasensory aspect of how the technology predicts the future intentions of the person's mind. I'd give it a "very good". Not a great, because it depends on recognition of Tom Cruise. But "very good" after allowing that they're using Tom Cruise to sell it.

Besides, the film posters (for the theatrical release) were uniformly terrible. The primary poster with Tom Cruise running also depended on Tom Cruise.

I've read somewhere else they're re-doing the cover art. I'm thinking Spielberg didn't like how the art looked.

But that can't be the reason all the other movies also get their art changed...

"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   EricW

EricW

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted February 08 2010 - 06:11 PM

there's no reason a cover can't have a "hidden meaning" and look aesthetically good at the same time.

"now, if that's a fact, tell me... am i lying?"

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,737 posts

Posted February 09 2010 - 05:16 AM

Whoa, pump the brakes kid! The last thing I need to see is Tom's "third eye". /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif

Quote:
I like the art, and I appreciate the cleverness of putting the touch-point directly over his "third eye".

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted February 09 2010 - 06:07 AM

Maybe this will be an unrated Precogs Gone Wild Edition.