What's new

Damages - season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
A solid opener for the new season. The only reason I tuned in during the first season was due to me being in love with Rose Byrne, but it's easily one of the best shows on TV.
I saw the opening car crash coming a mile away, yet it still made me jump for some reason. Too bad about Tom, one of the few truly likable characters on the show. I loved the use of foreboding music and overall mood of the episode. It really had a sinister vibe the likes of which I haven't felt in any of the other episodes to date. I'm not too fond of the ex-24 girl being among the cast. Never cared for her.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Yeah, I did not expect seeing that coming with Tom. At first, I would thought he tried to kill Patty after deciding not to put up with her crap anymore. Just sad to see him in a body bag, then flashing back to when he is seeing his name being put on a wall.

I'm hoping for this being a better season than the last one.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Interesting symmetry with season 1, isn't it? Patty sitting in a police interrogation room instead of Ellen. The police find the body of someone close to Patty instead of someone close to Ellen. They think Patty's lying instead of Ellen. I wonder how far the parallels will extend.

Casting Martin Short as the family lawyer is brilliant.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was interesting to see both Martin Short and Lily Tomlin in a dramatic scene together.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I thought Martin Short was BRILLIANT in his role. I really think that was an incredibly strong cast move, and it really played well for the show. Loved it.
The problem with Damages though is at this point it's hard for me to watch.. week by week. Some shows, I can do it because it hits right in my schedule/wheelhouse.. like Dexter. But Damages is one of those shows I need to digest in gulps, so off of DVD, or after I have 4-5 saved up in my DVR, that's when I can go through a rush of two or three episodes at a time. :) I'll join back in two months ;)

But I do love the show. And what a great start.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

I thought it was interesting to see both Martin Short and Lily Tomlin in a dramatic scene together.

Patrick, what's up with the tiny font lately?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ScottH

Patrick, what's up with the tiny font lately?
This is what I get for using IE 6, I didn't realize my text size got changed to "Largest", so everything was huge, so I went with the xx-small font. Now that I've changed back to "Small", I see my text sizing is ridiculously tiny. Doh!

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Originally Posted by mattCR

I thought Martin Short was BRILLIANT in his role. I really think that was an incredibly strong cast move, and it really played well for the show. Loved it.
The problem with Damages though is at this point it's hard for me to watch.. week by week. Some shows, I can do it because it hits right in my schedule/wheelhouse.. like Dexter. But Damages is one of those shows I need to digest in gulps, so off of DVD, or after I have 4-5 saved up in my DVR, that's when I can go through a rush of two or three episodes at a time. :) I'll join back in two months ;)

But I do love the show. And what a great start.
I do the same thing. But, I like to watch the premiere to get me interested. I probably won't watch for 3.5 weeks and then I'll gobble up a bunch.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
That's the only way to watch ANY serialized show as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Walter C

Does anyone think Ellen may have something to do with Tom's death?
I think it's safe to say she had some kind of involvement, whether she knew it or not.

So they are leading us to believe that Ellen & Tom had a thing going...you have to wonder if it is even a sexual thing or if there is more to it than that.

Are we to believe that Tom really put EVERYTHING in that fund? Little investment advice for you there Tom...don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Loved the last scene at the airport. The look on Martin Short's face was great. Any sympathy I may have had for Joe Tobin went out the window when he decided to let Marquette die. Speaking of which, it's nice to see Madchen Amick again. She doesn't look like she's aged much from her Twin Peaks days. It was also good to see Sarah Wynter pop up for a brief moment. I was a little surprised that it took Tom so long to put two and two together with the ice, as I thought he'd know as soon as he looked at it through the window. Can't say I haven't had a brain fart like that before though, so whatever. Oh, and there was a brief mention of Wes. Too bad Timothy Olyphant didn't come back this season.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I knew Louis Tobin would put a hit out, what I did not know that it would be himself.

Not really a fan of seeing Michael back, and how he lied to Patty about his relationship with Jill.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It tickles me no end how clever the series creators have been in transforming the Madoff scandal into something as pulpy and entertaining as the Tobin saga. The real-life story is pretty dramatic, but not nearly as much fun.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
With the way it's going, this may very well turn out to be my favorite season of the show. It just gets better and better.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah, great season...but they're all great. Not sure they could ever top season 1 though...that's still my favorite.

One thing that still really puzzles me about this season is the Keith Carradine character. Why is he there? I can't imagine they bring in Keith Carradine to be an interior decorator and have no impact on the main story???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks