Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anybody ever bought a rider on their insurance for their home theater?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 JeremyR

JeremyR

Second Unit

• 404 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted January 25 2010 - 05:18 AM

I've been considering adding a rider to cover all of my DVD's/Blu-ray's as well as hardware.  Certainly my equipment/collection isn't as extensive as others, but the MSRP of all of my movies and electronic equipment is in the neighborhood of $13k or $14k.  We don't live in a particularly large home, and are concerned our content coverage wouldn't take care of it.  We have State Farm Insurance, and I've been considering asking about a rider to cover the electronics and movies in our home if they are available.  Was wondering if anybody else has ever done anything similar. 

#2 of 4 CB750

CB750

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted January 25 2010 - 02:08 PM

Your first step would be to talk to your State Farm agent and find out what your current home owners insurance would cover for your electronic equipment.   If you feel your coverage is lacking then you are going to have to do a cost benefit analysis for the coverage you would like.  

#3 of 4 JeremyR

JeremyR

Second Unit

• 404 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted January 27 2010 - 02:53 AM

Thanks for the reply.  Based on that, i called my agent and he is actually coming to my home Thursday to do a walk-through with me and apparently he has the ability to use some type of equipment he'll bring with him to plug in what he sees, and it'll spit out whether we have enough coverage.

#4 of 4 asicsshoes

asicsshoes

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted September 03 2010 - 07:42 PM

asics onitsuka tiger mexico 66 mens onitsuka tiger ultimate 81 tokidoki onitsuka tiger shoes asics gel stratus Onitsuka Tiger Rotation 77 Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 Lauta onitsuka tiger mexico baja Onitsuka Tiger Coolidge Lo Asics Japan Ar asics gel stratus Onitsuka Tiger Olympos best asics running shoes for women onitsuka tiger ultimate onitsuka tiger mexico mid asics gel lyte 3 buy asics gel kinsei cheap onitsuka tiger mexico 66

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users