• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 dmcgruther

dmcgruther

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted January 25 2010 - 02:42 AM

Purchased this receiver on Halloween to replace my old Pioneer, So far I love it. Only one thing that kinda bugs me, no volume display if the incoming source is HDMI......... but it is there if the source is Component. Why is that Onkyo????

Is it something I am missing, or did they do this on purpose??

#2 of 7 gene c

gene c

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,650 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted January 25 2010 - 09:26 AM

If you mean the on sreen display some receivers don't allow OSD via HDMI. Not sure why. If you mean no volume on the front display of the receiver then there's something wrong.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 7 dmcgruther

dmcgruther

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted January 25 2010 - 11:04 AM

OSD is only shown thru HDMI, what I am missing is the display for the volume level.........

#4 of 7 Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted January 25 2010 - 01:16 PM

I think he's talking about the volume level displays on the tv screen, across the bottom, as you raise or lower the volume. Mine shows with my Onkyo 805, with everything except my Oppo BD player. It may be a setting in the receiver's setup menus, I'm not sure though. Double check your owner's manual carefully..........
Good luck!

Samsung HL61A750 (LED DLP)            Onkyo TX-SR805
Oppo BDP-83 Blu ray                                  Polk Audio LSi9
Polk Audio LSiC                                  Sony SS-MB100H
SVS PC12-NSD (Sub)                       ...

#5 of 7 dmcgruther

dmcgruther

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted January 27 2010 - 11:14 AM

just got a reply back from Onkyo, the 607 was desingned that way..................great answer guys

#6 of 7 Osato

Osato

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted March 20 2012 - 03:29 AM

My Onkyo 670 turned off on me during a film and I am unable to get the unit to turn back on. It just clicks over and over like it's trying to turn on but can't. I was able to find some info on removing from safe mode, (pressing the VCR and power buttons at the same time) but it only stops it from turning off and on. The unit does not come on nor does the display light up. I called Onkyo and another dealer and both said it would need to be service to determine the issue. I'm not sure it's worth it to send it in though due to the cost. I purchased it in September of 2009, so there is not any warranty left on it. Any ideas or suggestions? I was wondering if there was something else I could do to try and fix it. I did order a Pioneer receiver to replace it as well. So I may just see if I can sell it or give it away too. Is anyone else having issues with this Onkyo 607 series? Thanks for the input!

#7 of 7 Osato

Osato

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted May 15 2012 - 05:26 AM

I ended up replacing the Onkyo with the Denon 2112.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users