-

Photo
- - - - -

Question about renting an exotic car in Las Vegas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   spshultz

spshultz

Second Unit

• 298 posts

Posted January 20 2010 - 12:31 AM

My wife and I have a Las Vegas trip scheduled in late February.  While there I really wanted to see the Hoover Dam and thought it might be cool to rent a Porsche or Lotus for the day.  I found a few sites and the prices seem to be about the same.  And most places you get 100 miles free plus $.50 for every extra mile.  And the trip from Las Vegas to the Hoover Dam is only about 65 miles round trip (if I calculated it correctly).

But I've never done this before.  If anyone has ever rented an exotic car, are there any hidden fee's? Would extra insurance be a good idea if they offer it? What I'm afraid of is when renting the car they will put a hold of $10k on my credit card which would be a problem.  I really want to do this but not if it there's thousands in hidden fee's and such.

Any insights are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   spshultz

spshultz

Second Unit

• 298 posts

Posted January 20 2010 - 06:20 AM

Never mind.  They put a large hold of anywhere between $5000 - $15000 on your card.  And, no way to know if the place is legit even though it may look nice.  I don't want some UFC fighter coming after me because I had an accident in the car.  Looks like the Chevy Aveo is the safe way to go.