What's new

My Home Theater (1 Viewer)

ChiChi

Auditioning
Real Name
ChiChi
Hello All,

this is my first post and will NOT be my last. I have searched the forum for a few days before posting and can tell this is a great place to get help!

I am currently looking to build my first real home theater, and Need some help in the design. Below is the list of the components and sources that I have and plan to get. What I need help with is the selecting of the sound system and anything else that seems to be missing from my current equation. My questions are based on the Equipment list below, and what I am trying to figure out is what Items would you add and or replace?

The functionality of the system is pretty basic and all I am trying to do is send video to the 2 displays (Vizio 55"/Canon Projector) at their highest resolutions either simultaneously or independantly while having the audio follow. The reciever I selected I can get for right aroung $300 and my total budget is about $1,000 including the control system which I can get for just under $500. I am looking to do the audio in stages over the course of the year so if a good start for LCR+sub is great! I can add the 4 surrounds later. Sorry for such a long first post, but any feedback or questions would be great

I should add that the company I work for can get pretty much get me dicounts on anything AV related but I am still currently working on a budget for my bucks system and this can be seen by some of the current equipment choices.

Audio 1YamahaRX-V7657.2-Channel Digital Home Theater Receiver $ Future2TBDTBD7.2 L/R Channel Speaker (Front) $ Future2TBD TBD7.2 L/R Surround Speaker(2x Back) $ Future2TBDTBD7.2 Subwoofer $ Future 2TBDTBD7.2 L/R Surround Speaker(2x Presence) $ Future 1TBDTBD7.2 Center Channel Speaker $ Future Video 1CanonLV-S11000 ANSI Lumen SVGA Projector $ Owned1VizioVF550M55" LCD Television 1080p $ Owned1MotorolaDCH3200HD Television Receiver $ Owned 1MagnavoxMRV640Progressive Scan DVD Player/Recorder $ Owned1SonyPS3Video Gaming System/Blu Ray Player $ Owned 1SonyPS2Video Gaming System $ Owned1NintendoWiiVideo Gaming System $ Owned1AcerAX1200HTPC Home Theater Computer $ Owned Control 1Logitech915-000074Harmony 1100 Remote $ Future1Logitech943-000029Harmony Adapter for Playstation3 $ Future1Logitech915-000044Harmony RF Wireless Extender $ Future

ChiChi

Auditioning
Real Name
ChiChi
I thought it might help for me to add my signal pathe setup. So here goes..

PS3 HMDI OUT>> RX-V765 HDMI1 IN
HDTV Reciever HDMI OUT>> RX-V765 HDMI2 IN
ACER HTPC HDMI OUT>> RX-765 HDMI3 IN
DVD Component OUT>> RX-V765 AV1 IN (component)
PS2 Component OUT>> RX-V765 AV2 IN (component)
Wii Composite OUT>> RX-V765 AV5? IN (composite)

RX-V765 HDMI OUT>> Vizio VF550M HDMI IN
RX-V765 Monitor OUT (component)>> Canon LV-S1 (Component IN)

RX-V765 Speaker setup TBD (help)

let me know if this looks right? I hope that I am leaving the right kind of detail to get the best help here. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks