What's new

Rear channel speaker question (1 Viewer)

jcieutat

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I am in the beginning phases of an addition for a home theater. I have begun to assemble some new items to go along with my existing A/V equipment. My existing speakers are KEF KHT5005.2. I am adding two speakers to make it a 7.1 system. I recently purchased a set of KEF Ci60.2FS in ceiling speakers for the rear channel. Today I got a killer deal on a set of Proficient W670 in wall speakers. I would rather use the in walls. I am always reading how the speakers need to be matched and for fronts I would tend to agree but for rears I am not too sure. Any suggestions?

SCcobra4me

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ryan
Rule of thumb is the front three (left, right, center) should match, the rears can be different. If you're going with 7.1 you might consider using the same for the sides and rears though.

BusbyGreg

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Good point Ryan. Your front three speakers will be used about 90% of the time where you rears and sides are only used for (surround) effect.. so you can mix up your speaker but if you can try to keep them the same because all speakers will have different sounds qualities and will have different ranges

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks