Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

do i need acoustic panels? worth it?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   mx4lifeis350

mx4lifeis350

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 14 2010 - 06:38 PM

Im moving to a large trailer and 1 room will be a dedicated theater room.

I been researching all day and came across Acoustic paneling and bass traps.. i have no idea if i need these or what exacly they do. I dont really have to make my room sound proff and keep the sounds from going out of the room. 

As you may know a trailer has thin wall panels that i will be replasing with sheet rock. Should i put insulation there wile im at it? will it make a sound diffrence? Do i need paneling and bass traps to make my HT sound better? please help im clue less. 

I just don't want to spend so much money just to find out i missed a step that would enhance the HT experiance.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 15 2010 - 12:37 AM

Neither of these are designed for sound proofing.  Acoustic panels stop reflections.  Do you need them?  I don't know.  Do you have sound reflecting off a wall near your speakers?  They are easy and inexpensive to build so it is a small investment to try.

Bass traps are similar to the panels except they are designed to work with the long wavelengths in the sub-bass region.  If you have large bass peaks in the corners, then a bass trap will help with them.

I use neither.  I think proper calibration and a parametric EQ on your sub will give you a much better return on your investment than these items.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   warrenhenery

warrenhenery

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted November 04 2013 - 10:43 PM

Mix Mastered Acoustics sells all kinds of <a href="http://mixmasteredacoustics.com/" target="_blank" rel="dofollow">Best Acoustic Panels</a>

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   michaeltrottar

michaeltrottar

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted November 06 2013 - 01:26 AM

Several different types of audio tricks have been designed into HT space to help control undesirable audio insights. These consist of the drapes in the front sides of the space.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   warrenhenery

warrenhenery

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted November 06 2013 - 04:08 AM

Acoustic Sound Panels for Commercial, Corporate, Government & Municipal Buildings : Commercial & Corporate settings have specific acoustical requirements in order for the space to be most soundproof. Buy <a href="http://www.mixmasteredacoustics.com/" rel="dofollow">Acoustic Panels</a> at Mix Mastered Acoustics. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users