Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dish Network VIP722k DVR question (recording time)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Bill_Boston

Bill_Boston

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted January 14 2010 - 02:02 PM

Hi.  Does anyone know how I can check how much recording time is left on my DVR?  I can't seem to find any on screen menu path that tells me this information.  Thanks!

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 14 2010 - 02:39 PM

It is much more difficult to determine that on an HD DVR so most companies don't include that feature.  OTA HD recordings will differ in size compared to an MPEG4 HD recording over satellite.  Same with standard def recordings.  DirecTV has at least implemented a hard drive free space indicator.  On my HR22, I know that a 1 hour HD recording from the satellite is approximately equal to 1% of the hard drive.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Bill_Boston

Bill_Boston

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted January 14 2010 - 02:47 PM

Is there some indication of what % of hard drive space has been utilized?

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 15 2010 - 04:19 AM

Not on Dish DVR's as far as I know.  Like on my old TiVo, I had to count the hours of programming stored and subtract it from the total hours I knew it would records.  Pain in the rear.  That's why I like the DirecTV DVR much better.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,226 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 15 2010 - 05:34 AM

I'm not sure this will be helpful info...

But on my DishNetwork VIP612 HD-DVR, there is an indicator of how much recording time is left.

When I go to the list of recorded programs, it says right on the top of the page how much time I have left.  It actually lists TWO different times:  how much is left if recording HD material vs. how much time is left for SD material. 

This is found in "My Programs" menu.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   nashmatt

nashmatt

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 29 2010 - 12:46 AM

I was just about to say...

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   asicsshoes

asicsshoes

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted September 03 2010 - 07:35 PM

asics onitsuka tiger mexico 66 mens onitsuka tiger ultimate 81 tokidoki onitsuka tiger shoes asics gel stratus Onitsuka Tiger Rotation 77 Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 Lauta onitsuka tiger mexico baja Onitsuka Tiger Coolidge Lo Asics Japan Ar asics gel stratus Onitsuka Tiger Olympos best asics running shoes for women onitsuka tiger ultimate onitsuka tiger mexico mid asics gel lyte 3 buy asics gel kinsei cheap onitsuka tiger mexico 66

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   pinkyy8081

pinkyy8081

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 30 2010 - 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bill_Boston 

Hi.  Does anyone know how I can check how much recording time is left on my DVR?  I can't seem to find any on screen menu path that tells me this information.  Thanks!

Hey There!

I'm Danielle and I work at DISH and I can definately answer your question!  You have to press the, DVR button the scroll up to> My Recordings > Once your menu opens, in the top right corner of your DVR box it tells you how much longer you have left for recording space.  Also, not too sure if you've heard but we do have a Sling Adapter that is compatible with your reciever so you can sling your DVR to watch them on your computer and also if you have a smartphone then you can enjoy your tv shows on them as well and take your tv any and everywhere with you! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me :)!