Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

WHV set to release NO TIME FOR SERGEANTS May 4th

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Simon Howson

Simon Howson

Screenwriter

• 1,779 posts

Posted January 13 2010 - 08:22 PM

Now this is more like it. WHV set to release No Time for Sergeants on May 4th:
http://classicflix.blogspot.com/2010/01/no-time-for-sergeants-in-may.html

No word on extras yet, but I hope Andy Griffith did a commentary.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,363 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 14 2010 - 04:44 AM

Wow.  That IS good news, Simon.  Announcements on this AND The African Queen so close together?  I wonder if things are getting chilly in hell?

Originally Posted by Simon Howson [url=/forum/thread/297038/whv-set-to-release-no-time-for-sergeants-may-4th#post_3649370] 

It would be soooo thoughtless not to get that done.  What fun it would be simply to be able to "watch along with Andy." 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 2,033 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted January 14 2010 - 08:10 AM

The studios are still announcing new stuff? Its unheard of!

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Marcel H.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted January 14 2010 - 08:13 AM

Never seen this movie but heard so many great things about it. So, will be a day one purchase together with the Zhivago Blu-ray - glad I never bought a DVD of this movie.

Recently bought: Tracy & Hepburn the Definitive Coll., The Mountain, Rope of Sand, Taxi Driver (BD), Heroes of Telemark, Night of the Generals
Pre-Order: Knock on Any Door, The Outlaw Josey Wales (BD), The Man Who Would Be King (BD), Night Flight, The Hustler (BD)...
My Collection

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Simon Howson

Simon Howson

Screenwriter

• 1,779 posts

Posted January 14 2010 - 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
That is a cogent, sensible and quite hopeful thought.  Now, what do you think the odds are?!?  [/url]

The studios are still announcing new stuff? Its unheard of!
Well, this isn't due until late May, so I hope that doesn't mean there won't be anything else new in the meantime. (I don't mean reissues like Dr Zhivago).

Warner was going to release the 5th Film Noir set late last year, so I hope it at least makes it to release in the first half of this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users