What's new

WHV Announcement: WARNER HOME VIDEO AND TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO RELEASE THREE NEW COLLECTIONS IN 20 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
[SIZE= 20pt]TCM GREATEST CLASSIC FILMS COLLECTION
[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 16pt]WARNER HOME VIDEO AND TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO RELEASE THREE NEW COLLECTIONS IN 2010

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/thumbs/d/d8/tnc22.jpg/1000x800px-LL-tnc22.jpg] [/url][url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/thumbs/1/1d/tnc3.jpg/1000x800px-LL-tnc3.jpg] [/url]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]Warner Home Video and Turner Classic Movies introduce three new four-title sets from the TCM Greatest Classic Films Collection on February 2, 2010. Starting February 2009, the collections have been made available in separate waves and promoted throughout the year on TCM. (A complete listing of all collections is included below.)[/SIZE] [SIZE= 11pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 11pt]This latest installment consists of 1) TCM Greatest Classic Films Collection: Marx Brothers A Day at the Races, A Night in Casablanca, Room Service and At the Circus; 2) TCMGreatest Classic Films Collection: Romance – Splendor in The Grass, Love in the Afternoon, Mogambo, and Now Voyager; and 3) TCM Greatest Classic Films Collection: Sci-Fi Adventures – Them!, The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms, World Without End and Satellite In The Sky. Each collection is affordably priced at $27.92 SRP. Orders are due December 29, 2009.[/SIZE]

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I hope the fact that "A Night At The Opera", is not included on the Marx Bros set means that Warner Bros is working on a new restored version of the film. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to me that their first ( and in my opinion best) MGM film is not included.

My mistake. I see " A Night At The Opera" was already released as part of TCM Greatest Comedy Collection. At least Warners isn't double dipping for those who are interested in these releases.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
No, they are Single-sided Dual-layered discs, similar to the arrangement of the Forbidden Hollywood sets

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Originally Posted by JoHud

No, they are Single-sided Dual-layered discs, similar to the arrangement of the Forbidden Hollywood sets
The above statement is incorrect. Every entry in the TCM Greatest Classic Films Collection series has consisted of two double-sided discs with a different title on each side of each disc. Every disc is either a DVD-18, DVD-14, or DVD-10. All film presentations have been bit identical to the most recently released versions of the films they include with the exception of "The Green Berets" which was bumped up to 16:9 enhancement and a dual-layered authoring.

The first and only exception to the use of "flippers" in this series will be the "Sci-Fi Adventure" release mentioned above. For that one, It, and The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, will still be on either side of a "flipper", but World Without End, and Satellite in the Sky will be authored on the same side of a DVD-9 since that is how they were originally released in July 2008 (as a Best Buy exclusive - released widely three months later) as part of Warner's "Sci-Fi Double Feature" series.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks