Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Universal Vault Series - Amazon.com exclusive DVD-Rs

Universal

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
864 replies to this topic

#861 of 865 OFFLINE   Justin Ray

Justin Ray

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 02:42 AM

I purchased Love Letters, and while the print isn't perfect, it isn't horrible.  My only complaint: there's a two-three minute sequence where it sounds as though the actors are talking inside of a fish bowl.  After receiving a second DVD copy with the same sound glitch, I'm beginning to wonder if it's the sound elements and not the DVD. 

#862 of 865 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 775 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted December 07 2014 - 05:48 PM

And still no SKIPPY. :(
I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#863 of 865 OFFLINE   David Steigman

David Steigman

Second Unit

• 453 posts

Posted December 08 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hey now there are other brands of Peanut Butter out there... :)

• JoHud likes this

#864 of 865 OFFLINE   revgen

revgen

Second Unit

• 380 posts

Posted December 13 2014 - 12:46 AM

I rented Flesh and Fantasy recently from Classicflix. Discovered that it was a PAL->NTSC standards conversion. Thankfully, I bought the PAL DVD.

#865 of 865 OFFLINE   Camps

Camps

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted December 24 2014 - 12:11 PM

Just picked up THIS DAY AND AGE, one of a gaggle of 1933 Paramount titles "condemned" by the then-vocal Legion of Decency, due in part to a scene featuring vengeful high school students dangling a thuggish Charles Bickford over a pit filled with rats.  Picture quality's soft in parts but it's well worth it to get these Paramount rarities out of Universal's vaults.

Apart from the plot of students appointing themselves defenders of the peace, and an exceedingly implausible (and far too long) final stretch, the curiosity factors include its director (Cecil B. DeMille of all people -- though you'll see DeMille-an touches in that long-winded final stretch I mentioned) and a very young John Carradine as a school principal barely older than the actors playing his students.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Universal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users