Universal

• Please log in to reply
834 replies to this topic

#701 of 835 OFFLINE   Justin Ray

Justin Ray

Stunt Coordinator

• 208 posts

Posted October 02 2013 - 10:14 PM

Another Universal Vault pre-order: For Love or Money (1963) with Kirk Douglas, Mitzi Gaynor, Gig Young, Thelma Ritter, and Julie Newmar.  

#702 of 835 OFFLINE   Justin Ray

Justin Ray

Stunt Coordinator

• 208 posts

Posted October 02 2013 - 10:22 PM

An additional pre-order: Next Time We Love (previously released in the James Stewart: Screen Legend Collection) with Margaret Sullavan and, of course, James Stewart.

#703 of 835 OFFLINE   gcardu10

gcardu10

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 05:01 AM

Other titles are being listed for Pre-order as well, including "Little Man, What Now?" (1934) with Margaret Sullavan (an excellent, though largely forgotten film).
This makes the removal of so many other Universal Vault Series titles from Amazon, of late, seem even stranger.
I just sent an email to Amazon Help asking for information about the removed titles. I expect to get a typical canned answer from Amazon, and may end up calling, but don't feel like making a call right now.
If I learn anything new I will post it here.

Response from Amazon:

Hello,

I understand your concern with regards to the Amazon's direct deal with Universal Vault Series.

Its actually like this. The item is not directly shipped from Amazon's facilities. The customer has to order first, then the DVD is going to be manufactured, then shipped to the customer. And the manufacturing of the Universal Vault Series is handled by our affiliate CreateSpace.

CreateSpace, a member of the Amazon.com group of companies, provides on-demand publishing of books, DVDs, and CDs. CreateSpace allows authors and artists to sell their works as books, CDs, or DVDs without having to pay for inventory.

The print-on-demand service produces units as customers order, so there is no inventory needed. Content providers can use CreateSpace as a one-stop solution to distribute their work through Amazon.com.

You can find out more here:

http://www.createspace.com

I have also passed your feedback along to customer service at CreateSpace as well as our Instant Video team here at Amazon.com--I'm sure they will appreciate your comments about your experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

#704 of 835 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,839 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 06:01 AM

Another Universal Vault pre-order: For Love or Money (1963) with Kirk Douglas, Mitzi Gaynor, Gig Young, Thelma Ritter, and Julie Newmar.  

That one I'll buy. I've been waiting a long time for this. It's no masterpiece but . . . . Mitzi Gaynor, Thelma Ritter and Julie Newmar in one movie!

#705 of 835 OFFLINE   GregoryMesh

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 11:30 AM

Along with 6 titles mentioned above, another title available for pre-order is a TV movie Bates Motel (1987)

#706 of 835 OFFLINE   Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Producer

• 3,068 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted October 03 2013 - 01:15 PM

Response from Amazon:

Hello,

I understand your concern with regards to the Amazon's direct deal with Universal Vault Series.

Its actually like this. The item is not directly shipped from Amazon's facilities. The customer has to order first, then the DVD is going to be manufactured, then shipped to the customer. And the manufacturing of the Universal Vault Series is handled by our affiliate CreateSpace.

CreateSpace, a member of the Amazon.com group of companies, provides on-demand publishing of books, DVDs, and CDs. CreateSpace allows authors and artists to sell their works as books, CDs, or DVDs without having to pay for inventory.

The print-on-demand service produces units as customers order, so there is no inventory needed. Content providers can use CreateSpace as a one-stop solution to distribute their work through Amazon.com.

You can find out more here:

http://www.createspace.com

I have also passed your feedback along to customer service at CreateSpace as well as our Instant Video team here at Amazon.com--I'm sure they will appreciate your comments about your experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Unfortunately, that is a non-answer to your question about why many titles are now unavailable.

Rich Gallagher

#707 of 835 OFFLINE   borisfw

borisfw

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 01:57 PM

Thing that couldn't die, For Love or money ,Flesh and Fantasy and You never can tell are listed as in stock and ready to ship at Amazon .

#708 of 835 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,207 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted October 03 2013 - 03:52 PM

I got a similar non-answer a few weeks ago to something else, and when the "Did I answer your question?" email came, I sent it back with a resounding NO, and illustrated how they didn't read it carefully, or at all.  The next reply came from a supervisor, with apologies for the lack of help from "the original representative", and it was clear from the response that this person did indeed comprehend it, and knew the answer.

This runaround is very very typical now, and either it matters to you enough to pursue something, or it doesn't.  We pays our money and takes our choice.

#709 of 835 OFFLINE   gcardu10

gcardu10

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 04:12 PM

I got a similar non-answer a few weeks ago to something else, and when the "Did I answer your question?" email came, I sent it back with a resounding NO, and illustrated how they didn't read it carefully, or at all.  The next reply came from a supervisor, with apologies for the lack of help from "the original representative", and it was clear from the response that this person did indeed comprehend it, and knew the answer.

This runaround is very very typical now, and either it matters to you enough to pursue something, or it doesn't.  We pays our money and takes our choice.

I'm not confident I will get a real answer on this, but will respond back NO and see what happens.

#710 of 835 OFFLINE   GregoryMesh

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 05:48 PM

Some of the OOP titles are now popping up at other stores with October 15 release date.  Looks like they won't be Amazon exclusives anymore, but some of them re-appeared on Amazon.

Bluebeard's Eighth Wife

The Cat and the Canary

Dragnet

The House of the Seven Gables

The List of Adrian Messenger

The Other Side of the Mountain

Pete 'n' Tillie

Resurrection

The Seven-Per-Cent Solution

Sometimes a Great Notion

Stick

Tarantula

Welcome Stranger

Edited by GregoryMesh, October 04 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#711 of 835 OFFLINE   mdnitoil

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor

• 777 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, I'm seeing that on ImportCDs and Oldies.com, to name two sites.

#712 of 835 OFFLINE   Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Producer

• 3,068 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted October 04 2013 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, I'm seeing that on ImportCDs and Oldies.com, to name two sites.

They are also showing up at screenarchives.com (the site which sells Twilight Time Blu-rays and DVDs).

It would have been nice if Universal had given a heads-up on what was happening. I feel sorry for people who panicked and paid exorbitant prices to third-pary sellers on Amazon. One Amazon seller is asking $118 for McHales Navy (the feature film).

Rich Gallagher

#713 of 835 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,947 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 08:53 PM

Some of the OOP titles are now popping up at other stores with October 15 release date.  Looks like they won't be Amazon exclusives anymore, but some of them re-appeared on Amazon.

Bluebeard's Eighth Wife

The Cat and the Canary

Dragnet

The House of the Seven Gables

The List of Adrian Messenger

The Other Side of the Mountain

Pete 'n' Tillie

Resurrection

The Seven-Per-Cent Solution

Sometimes a Great Notion

Stick

Tarantula

Welcome Stranger

I had an email today from Screen Archives Entertainment (aka Twilight Time), announcing that Adrian Messenger and Seven Gables were "new" titles they were carrying.  So, I guess now we know what happened.  Anyone want to buy these titles from 3rd party sellers and pay over $100, this may be your last chance!

#714 of 835 OFFLINE   Jobla

Jobla

Supporting Actor

• 570 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 08:58 PM

I see that KITTEN WITH A WHIP and THE BLACK SHIELD OF FALWORTH are being sold for big bucks by the 3rd party marketers.

#715 of 835 OFFLINE   Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Producer

• 3,068 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted October 04 2013 - 09:12 PM

I see that KITTEN WITH A WHIP and THE BLACK SHIELD OF FALWORTH are being sold for big bucks by the 3rd party marketers.

And there is a region-free import Blu-ray of THE BLACK SHIELD OF FALWORTH available for $30 or so.

Rich Gallagher

#716 of 835 ONLINE   John Morgan

John Morgan

Supporting Actor

• 681 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 05 2013 - 12:27 PM

Thing that couldn't die, For Love or money ,Flesh and Fantasy and You never can tell are listed as in stock and ready to ship at Amazon .

I hope the print (TTTCD) is in better shape than what showed up as a premiere on TCM about a month or two back.

#717 of 835 ONLINE   John Morgan

John Morgan

Supporting Actor

• 681 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 05 2013 - 12:31 PM

Also up for preorder:

THE THING THAT COULDN'T DIE
FLESH AND FANTASY

Couldn't find a legit FLESH AND FANTASY. Only a bootleg release.

#718 of 835 OFFLINE   revgen

revgen

Second Unit

• 300 posts

Posted October 05 2013 - 04:13 PM

Damn, I just ordered a French PAL version of Flesh and Fantasy. Didn't know a MOD was coming out. Oh well.

Edited by revgen, October 05 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#719 of 835 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,981 posts

Posted October 05 2013 - 06:56 PM

So will there be titles that will be exclusive to Amazon? 

#720 of 835 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,655 posts

Posted October 05 2013 - 08:06 PM

Couldn't find a legit FLESH AND FANTASY. Only a bootleg release.

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B00FERSVIC

I should pick this up too.  I'm always up for anything Edward G Robinson.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Universal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users