What's new

Sound Bar or HTIB? (1 Viewer)

KingOfPVille

Auditioning
Real Name
Turd
I have a 46" Sony WEGA with horrible sound. I want to improve the sound. What would you recommend: sound bar or HTIB 5.1 system. I want to spend around $300 max. Would like to connect a future BluRay player aswell. Thanks.

Peanut123

Agent
Real Name
BJ
A HTIB is better, in my opinion. A sound bar simulates true surround with delays and such. For a HTIB, I would recommend Onkyo. I would just upgrade the wire that comes with it to 16awg or better.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by KingOfPVille from parts-express.com for about $100 and a matching center speaker (the SCS-01 also from SVS) for $120. Lastly, add some surround speakers from SVS and you're all set.

That works out to an initial investment of about $500 - but it won't be wasted money. Every component you get will be a piece of a larger puzzle. For an extra $250 you'd have a full 5.1 system that will easily outperform any HTiB and still have room for future expansion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks