Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Is there any way I can get better sound or video ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   jim1174

jim1174

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted January 07 2010 - 11:49 PM

my tv has coaxial, s-video and composite . i also have a digital audio receiver. i recently purchased a dvr digital box from my cable company. The box has coaxel, hdmi, composite audio and video , component and ieee. i purchased composite  video and audio cables because that is the best way i can think to hook it up. is there any way i can get better sound or video like some kind of converter box to hook up s-video or digital sound cables ? my tv has the s-video and my digital audio receiver has the digital  in out but my cable box does not have any of that

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted January 08 2010 - 12:17 AM

You can ask the cable company if they have any boxes with an s-video output. S-video is a little better than composite. Other than that, there's not much you can do other than buy a new tv. You might can find a deal on Craig's List, for a tv. I see them there all the time.

Samsung HL61A750 (LED DLP)            Onkyo TX-SR805
Oppo BDP-83 Blu ray                                  Polk Audio LSi9
Polk Audio LSiC                                  Sony SS-MB100H
SVS PC12-NSD (Sub)                       ...

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 08 2010 - 01:41 AM

What make and model is the cable DVR?

Regards,

Joe

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   jim1174

jim1174

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted January 08 2010 - 08:27 PM

Its a comcast

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 10 2010 - 04:22 PM

Comcast is a cable service provider.  They don't manufacture DVRs.  Depending on where you are in the country, your DVR may have been made by Scientific Atlanta, Motorola, Moxie or some other company.  Each of those manufacturers makes several different DVR models.  Without knowing exactly which DVR you have, we can't tell what your connection options are.  Do you currently have digital cable service or analog? 

Regards,

Joe