Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Edge enhancement during live HD broadcast

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,060 posts

Posted January 07 2010 - 09:16 AM

I was just watching a live news broadcast on ABC. It was President Obama making a statement about the investigation of the recent Christmas bomber.

What I noticed is that he was wearing a very dark suit jacket. The background was a very light colored ornate stone wall, I presume in the White House. It struck me that during his speech, I could see a very bright white thin line surrounding his dark suit against the light colored background. Just like edge enhancement, for example the way Roger Moore looked in The Spy Who Loved Me DVD. That surprised me. I checked CBS and the picture was the same.

I watch HD over the air. So I know I'm getting the full resolution. Must be the camera's settings. Because when they flipped back to New York and Diane Sawyer to comment with the reporters, the image was very different. Actually lower quality to a degree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users