Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Acoustimass unit from boss lifestyle 3? useful or useless?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   wareeyos

wareeyos

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 07 2010 - 06:06 AM

Hi everyone,
my friend have given me this boss system a couple of months ago but i just have time to look it up. i found that music center is not working, just only acoustimass unit and speaker seem to work. I am really new with hi-fi system. i would like to ask that does acoustimass unit works as same as standard subwoofer. is it possible to use just acoustimass unit and speakers with ipod by connect ipod directly to the unit or i still need amplifier to do the job? if so, can i intergrate it somehow to my vintage beomaster 1900? Please tell me it is still useful or i should dump it in a bin. thanks

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted January 08 2010 - 12:32 AM

Read this:
http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Samsung HL61A750 (LED DLP)            Onkyo TX-SR805
Oppo BDP-83 Blu ray                                  Polk Audio LSi9
Polk Audio LSiC                                  Sony SS-MB100H
SVS PC12-NSD (Sub)                       ...

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted January 08 2010 - 01:17 AM

Even though I'm not a fan of Bose, I think you paid a fair price for what you got. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

If speakers for an iPod are what you are looking for, then keep on looking.  This won't be of any use to you.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Peanut123

Peanut123

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted January 08 2010 - 12:43 PM

If you want true hi-fi...get rid of the Bose and go with something better. Heck....a home theater in a box from Onkyo sounds better and actually gives you better response than the Bose. If you go with a HTIB, get rid of the small guage wire and do a minimum of 16 guage.
Anything is possible. Understanding how to get there is the problem.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm

Lead Actor

• 6,885 posts

Posted January 11 2010 - 01:51 AM

In my opinion it is useless for hi-fi.  But don't dump it in the bin, you should be able to get something for it on ebay or someplace.  Someone out there surely has the need for it. 
Philip Hamm
Moderator Emeritus

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   CB750

CB750

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted January 12 2010 - 08:13 AM

It seams a lot of lucky people have become recipients of free Bose Cube systems these days.   As the saying goes the only thing better than a Bose cube system is a Bose system that does not work.  This way you will have less guilt when shopping a new system.

Seriously I think the Bose Cubes that come with the Bose receiver have proprietary wiring which makes them hard to use with other receivers and I think that the receiver has some extra equalization built in by Bose to improve the color of the sound.   Say good bye to your free gift and move on.