What's new

Acoustimass unit from boss lifestyle 3? useful or useless? (1 Viewer)

wareeyos

Auditioning
Real Name
wareeyos
Hi everyone,
my friend have given me this boss system a couple of months ago but i just have time to look it up. i found that music center is not working, just only acoustimass unit and speaker seem to work. I am really new with hi-fi system. i would like to ask that does acoustimass unit works as same as standard subwoofer. is it possible to use just acoustimass unit and speakers with ipod by connect ipod directly to the unit or i still need amplifier to do the job? if so, can i intergrate it somehow to my vintage beomaster 1900? Please tell me it is still useful or i should dump it in a bin. thanks

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Even though I'm not a fan of Bose, I think you paid a fair price for what you got.

If speakers for an iPod are what you are looking for, then keep on looking. This won't be of any use to you.

Peanut123

Agent
Real Name
BJ
If you want true hi-fi...get rid of the Bose and go with something better. Heck....a home theater in a box from Onkyo sounds better and actually gives you better response than the Bose. If you go with a HTIB, get rid of the small guage wire and do a minimum of 16 guage.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
In my opinion it is useless for hi-fi. But don't dump it in the bin, you should be able to get something for it on ebay or someplace. Someone out there surely has the need for it.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
It seams a lot of lucky people have become recipients of free Bose Cube systems these days. As the saying goes the only thing better than a Bose cube system is a Bose system that does not work. This way you will have less guilt when shopping a new system.

Seriously I think the Bose Cubes that come with the Bose receiver have proprietary wiring which makes them hard to use with other receivers and I think that the receiver has some extra equalization built in by Bose to improve the color of the sound. Say good bye to your free gift and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks