Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hooking up and EQ for music only

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 SCcobra4me

SCcobra4me

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted January 06 2010 - 05:11 PM

I have an AudioSource EQ that I was using when I had my equipment upstairs and I since have moved all downstairs and for the life of me can't remember how I had this hooked up.  I had to switch inputs on my receiver from DVD to CD for the EQ to work, in movie mode it was just bypassed.  Any suggestions would be great, I'm going to keep tinkering with it for now. 

I know most might say not to use it but for mids and highs it did a good job and I guess I really just want to see how it will sound with my newer Yamaha towers, I may not even use it at all, we'll see.

#2 of 2 gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,660 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted January 06 2010 - 10:13 PM

If you are using a dvd player to play cd's as well then hook the dvd players analog outputs up to the EQ's inputs, then hook the EQ's outputs to the receivers CD input. Then the EQ will only work with the cd's when you chose the CD input on the receiver. Also keep the digital connection between the dvd player and receivers DVD input for movies.

"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users