What's new

3D??? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Paul
Hi,
I have a Mitsubishi WD73 C9 it's 3-D ready but I'd like to know what I would need to watch movies in 3D? The manual says I would need a 3-D emitter, and glasses but I really did'nt understand the manual. I called The Little Guys, a Chicago bases A/V dealer but they told me that 3-D for the home is'nt ready yet!!?? So I hope someone can clear this up for me as I would really like to watch the movies in 3-D that are out in that format.
Any help will be greatly appriciated.
Thanks,
Paul

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
The only 3D that is currently available for home would be the type that use red/blue glasses. There are a few DVD/Blu-Ray titles available (Spy Kids, Friday the 13th, etc.). The 3D effect is apparantly only marginally effective in these cases.

As far as the "New" 3D goes, there aren't currently any players or titles available. There should be plenty of news coming out this week, however, as CES is going on. Many companies will be showcasing their soon-to-be-available 3D products, and folks are speculating that we may see players and titles in stores later this year.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Right now the only 3D content you can get for your Mitsubishi is fed from a computer. Wait a few months for 3D Blu-rays to be announced and Mitsubishi to confirm that their sets are compatible as the standard was just finalized a few weeks ago.

3DYourTV

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul D
Paul,

If you bought your Mitsubishi "3D-ready" TV before 2010, you will most likely need a 3D adapter. This adapter has been announced by Mitsubishi but we are still waiting for its release.

The emitter you mentioned could be referring to a signal emitter that will sync your 3d glasses to your 3d tv. There are some Sony models that require what they call a 3D Sync Transmitter that is needed for older 3D-ready models.

3DYourTV

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul D
This article will explain the basic components of 3D TV and how they work together to deliver 3D images. The basic answer without getting too technical is that 3D TV's create two separate images, and by using 3D glasses, each eye sees a different image, combining them together gives you the illusion of depth (3D)

Real Name
Helen Anne
Hi ethanwaber,

We wrote a guide to 3D technology earlier this year.

I interviewed Chris Chinnock, a 3D analyst at Insight Media and board member on the 3D@Home consortium, an industry group dedicated to expediting 3D for Home Theater adoption. Chris explained the ins and outs of 3D technology and display methods. Let me know if you have any questions after reading it. I'll be happy to get you answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks