Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack connection, PC to TV connection

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Count Chocula!

Count Chocula!

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted January 05 2010 - 08:55 AM

Hi everybody,

I'm attempting to feed my Windows Media Center 7 signal out through my TV. I've bought (and subsequently sold) a WMC extender but, unfortunately, this was pretty much useless in my house. The walls are too thick for a decent wireless signal to be transmitted and so using it became increasingly frustrating. A wired connection through the extender also won't work due to the fact I have to keep my wireless router on a different floor due to a lack of phone sockets!

Anyway, I'm now trying to go for a manual connection using the following ports:

PC: VGA connection and 3.5mm stereo headphone jack.

TV: VGA connection 3.5mm stereo audio in jack.

Unfortunately, I'm having a major problem with my 3.5mm stereo jack to 3.5mm stereo jack connection. The audio seems to come through the TV channel fine, except there's quite a lot of interference. The interference comes in the form of quite a loud hum which makes it near impossible to watch anything comfortably on it.

Has any idea what this problem might be? I've had a play around with different audio levels on both the TV and PC, but to no avail. Can this problem be fixed or is it a fault with the TV set which can't be ammended?

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if I've missed something obvious!