Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary DVD set...question on mono mix

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Eric_M

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted January 02 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hello,

I apologize for starting a new thread about this but going through some of the older threads it seems this wasn't directly addressed.  Is the mono track on this genuine mono or is it a downmix from the 5.1?  I have been told by one person that it is not genuine mono but still would like to get some other opinions in the meantime. 

I'm now aware about some of the other errors and glitches so far ( the toto line, the frame jump when Glenda is leaving) thanks to the other threads,  If there is any more I missed it would be nice to know as well. 

Thanks in advance.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   KathyBeck

KathyBeck

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted January 03 2010 - 04:24 PM

Don't know the answer to your question, but I just read that this is out of print on Dvd Talk Forum. Hard to believe.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,167 posts

Posted January 05 2010 - 12:01 PM

Well if the 5.1 is just a transparent slight upmix from the mono stems, wouldn't a downmix just in effect create the original mono?

Because I think this uses the same 5.1 mix as the 2004 dvd, which only used some slight directional positioning on the effects that were already there.