Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HD projector problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   TitanTn

TitanTn

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 02 2010 - 03:55 PM

I have an Epson Powerlite 700 LCD HD projector. Tonight it fell about 2 feet from it's stand and obviously now I'm having a problem. The lamp comes on, and then after a few seconds it enters the overheat mode and the fan kicks on. The power light turns a solid red and the temp light is flashing red. The limited user manual says that there is something wrong with the temp sensor. I'm not afraid to crack it open and work on it myself, but I don't know what I'm looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Rob

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Michael TLV

Michael TLV

Screenwriter

• 2,909 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted January 02 2010 - 04:32 PM

Greetings

Repair time ... there will be few repairmen on this forum.  Sorry to say.

regards

Michael @ The Laser Video Experience
THX Video Systems Instructor/ISF Instructor
Lion A/V Consultants Network - TLVEXP.com

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   TitanTn

TitanTn

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 06 2010 - 07:51 AM

Any repairmen that can offer some advice?

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Berger

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor

• 961 posts

Posted January 06 2010 - 02:48 PM

The problem with projectors is that the manufacturers have always insisted that they be serviced back at the factory as a "ship-in" product so most traditional servicers never see them.

Generally there is always at least one fan running at all times so I would suspect that it isn't now. About the only thing you could do is disassemble and inspect, looking for unplugged circuit boards, disconnected plugs and jacks, jammed fans, or misplaced covers and shields.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted January 07 2010 - 02:18 AM

Careful!  Be sure to check the warranty information before cracking it open (if it's still under warranty).  Often times opening it up voids everything.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!