Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Audio Problems On My Pioneer LD-V8000 LaserDisc Player *Help*

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Trekkie313

Trekkie313

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted January 01 2010 - 04:29 AM

I bought a Pioneer LD-V8000 LaserDisc player for X-Mas and paid around $65 total for it. I kind of regret it after doing some more research and learning I could have gotten one with better picture quality, but too late now.
Anyways everything works fine except the audio, it keeps "cracking up and dropping out" at least 15 to 20 minutes into a film or doesn't play at all. Oddly enough my oldest LD which is Star Trek:The Motion Picture has the least amount of problems with its audio, but obviously suffers from minor "Laser Rot".
Can anyone help me with this problem? I really want to enjoy my LaserDisc player to its fullest potential.

Also does anybody know who I should contact about LaserDisc problems?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Trekkie313

Trekkie313

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted January 01 2010 - 06:22 AM

So no one has anything?

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Phil A

Phil A

Screenwriter

• 2,954 posts
  • LocationCentral FL

Posted January 01 2010 - 11:34 AM

I'd send an E-Mail to Kurtis Bahr (do a search of the forum).  He'll be able to give you some advice on what may be the issue.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC

Producer

• 3,729 posts

Posted January 08 2010 - 06:23 AM

The V-8000 is a marvellous machine, but it is an industrial player, not a home unit, so it has a lot of features you will probably never use, & lacks some you may want.  I bought one which has had the AC-3 mod done, & am looking at modifying it for digital audio output as well.

That said, if the audio goes bad after the player has been turned on a while, the most likely problem is broken circuit traces or a loose connector somewhere, which make contact when cold but separate under thermal strain.  If the video is not affected, then most likely the problem is in the audio boards.  Any road, unless you're an experienced electronics tech, you will want to send it to somebody.  There are Pioneer service centers which still do LD work, but their charges are high, & I've never been totally satisfied with their work.  I trust Kurtis Bahr, who can also do some tweaking of the video while he's got the machine open (unless he diagnoses it as unsalvagable).  I have an e-mail address for him, which I can PM you if you want, but he is a member here as I recall.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Trekkie313

Trekkie313

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted January 09 2010 - 03:08 AM

Did you get the PM I sent you regarding Kurtis's email?

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Phil A

Phil A

Screenwriter

• 2,954 posts
  • LocationCentral FL

Posted January 10 2010 - 04:35 AM

http://www.hometheat...er-service-help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users