What's new

Buying an Onkyo TX-NR807 advice, Amazon or Best Buy? (1 Viewer)

miked19

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
hi all,

I was wondering which place would you buy an Onkyo TX-NR807 from?
Amazon for $729 (free shipping, no tax)
or
Best Buy (local store) for $870 (tax included)

Pros and cons?

thanks
Mike

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Since Amazon is almost $150 cheaper, I'd definitely go with them. I got my 805 from Amazon. They are a factory authorized dealer, so you shouldn't have any problems in that respect. I know that Best Buy is probably closer to you, but is it $150 closer? I had my 805 in about a week from Amazon. The 807 should be a very nice receiver.

atkins

Auditioning
Real Name
jeff
depending where you are located if you are worried about not buying in person, you can find a 6ave electronics store. they will match internet pricing and you can listen in person first and take it home with you.

im personally bought a 806 last year from amazon and have nothing but good things to say about the process.

jeff

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I have purchased many large items from Amazon and having nothing but good things to say about them. I would save the money.

jcrilley3

Agent
Real Name
Joe Crilley
I recently bought a Pioneer Elite VSX 21 TXH from Amazon and it was over $200.00 cheaper than Best Buy and it arrived no problem full warranty and no sales tax. You can't beat that.

miked19

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Thanks for the advice everyone. I tried to return the 807 to best buy but I ended up keeping it. It was weird because Best Buy doesn't price match Amazon. I told them I can get it for $729 no tax free shipping at Amazon but they ended up selling it to me for $700 plus tax. So $756 total. I gues when you buy a big ticket item, they'd rather price match what ever online store than to get it back into their inventory.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks