What's new

The Seventh Seal - Criterion Blu-ray OOP according to Amazon? (1 Viewer)

Moises

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Moisés Chiullan
Criterion's site lists it as still available, but I went to Amazon yesterday to snag it at the lovely sale price it's been at for a few weeks (sub-$20), and...I couldn't.

The "re-issue" DVD version is still available from Amazon, but since yesterday, the following is what you see on the Blu-ray product page:

I've put an email in to the people I know at Criterion to see what's up, but I'm sure I won't hear anything from them until at least early next week. Anyone on here know what's going on...?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
It is still available from Hastings www.gohastings.com Deep Discount DVD www.deepdiscountdvd.com and Best Buy was still listing it as available a few minutes ago, although you will pay $30+ for it at all three places.

ccfixx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Moises

Anyone on here know what's going on...?

It probably means that because of the lower price during the Criterion sale on Amazon's site for the past month, many people jumped on the deal, Amazon ran out of stock, Amazon doesn't know when they'll get in a new shipment from Criterion, and you missed out on a great blu-ray at a great price.

CC

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
according to a post over at Blu-ray.com someone got a response back from Criterion thru e-mail that the title is NOT OOP just ran out of stock, went on to say their distributor didn't have a definate date for restocks, but eluded to sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks