Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Seventh Seal - Criterion Blu-ray OOP according to Amazon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Moises

Moises

Agent

• 40 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted December 26 2009 - 01:01 PM

Criterion's site lists it as still available, but I went to Amazon yesterday to snag it at the lovely sale price it's been at for a few weeks (sub-$20), and...I couldn't.

The "re-issue" DVD version is still available from Amazon, but since yesterday, the following is what you see on the Blu-ray product page:

I've put an email in to the people I know at Criterion to see what's up, but I'm sure I won't hear anything from them until at least early next week.  Anyone on here know what's going on...?

I write: Arthouse Cowboy

I podcast: Electric Shadow (movies & tech), Giant Size (getting into comics), and Thank You For Calling! (customer service) on ESN.

Subscribe in iTunes.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Screenwriter

• 2,772 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted December 27 2009 - 02:20 AM

It is still available from Hastings www.gohastings.com, Deep Discount DVD www.deepdiscountdvd.com and Best Buy was still listing it as available a few minutes ago, although you will pay $30+ for it at all three places.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted December 27 2009 - 04:16 AM

Criterion's website indeed lists it as available (www.criterion.com/films/173), so I'd say something is amiss on Amazon's end.  Best Buy, Borders and Barnes & Noble all list it as in stock.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   ccfixx

ccfixx

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted December 27 2009 - 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moises 

Anyone on here know what's going on...?

It probably means that because of the lower price during the Criterion sale on Amazon's site for the past month, many people jumped on the deal, Amazon ran out of stock, Amazon doesn't know when they'll get in a new shipment from Criterion, and you missed out on a great blu-ray at a great price.

CC
Blu-Rays Owned:
245 Films
5 TV Seasons
5 Music

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,282 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted December 28 2009 - 01:53 AM

according to a post over at Blu-ray.com someone got a response back from Criterion thru e-mail that the title is NOT OOP just ran out of stock, went on to say their distributor didn't have a definate date for restocks, but eluded to sooner than later.

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60