What's new

SHORT FUSE! Need 5.1 HT Receiver under $350! HELP! (1 Viewer)

Michael_V

Second Unit
Putting together an HT for my parents. Got them a Panasonic G10 plasma and some Energy RC mini speakers but the Sony 333ES receiver I picked up for them (used) went on the fritz and I lost the surrounds. Not going to get it fixed. HDMI switching would be nice but not required. What can I get for them under $350 that will sound good? ??

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
This one is $259 at the moment: http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR507-5-1-Channel-Surround-Receiver/dp/B001VEI290/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=aht&qid=1261362144&sr=1-4
No telling how long it will be that price though. Maybe 30 minutes, maybe a day or two. Just an hour ago it was different.

Onkyo gives a lot of bang for the buck. This one does a lot more than just video switching. It decodes the HD audio formats, from blu ray movies. Has plenty of inputs. Has Audyssey auto speaker calibration, which works very well. You find find anything near this good, for the money.
Very easy to setup and operate.

Michael_V

Second Unit
Thanks for the reply! Searched for Onkyos and found this 607 for $369 at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882120133

Looks like it will fit the bill and make it here by Christmas ... with free shipping!

Michael_V

Second Unit
The Onkyo 607 is a winner! Sounds great in my dad's HT (paired with Energy RC-minis). Audessy was amazing, as well! Highly recommended receiver, on a budget or not (and I have an Anthem AVM50v and Bryston amp!).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks