-

Photo
- - - - -

The Sing Off...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,501 posts

Posted December 17 2009 - 05:32 AM

So, no one is watching this...?  I am shocked.  In any event, my wife and I have really been enjoying the A cappella renditions that have been put forward so far.  The fact that Ben Folds is one of the judges is gravy for me as I have always been a fan.  Nick Lachey is a little bland for the host duties for my tastes, but he is doing the job I guess.
It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#2 of 10 ONLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,434 posts

Posted December 17 2009 - 05:40 AM

I didn't watch because from what I read, most of the acts were wretched.  So it wasn't a real show choir competition as much as it was a freakshow.  I'm happy to watch AI auditions, but I would tune out if they let the terrible auditioners actually compete.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco

Screenwriter

• 2,462 posts

Posted December 17 2009 - 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo 

I didn't watch because from what I read, most of the acts were wretched.  So it wasn't a real show choir competition as much as it was a freakshow.  I'm happy to watch AI auditions, but I would tune out if they let the terrible auditioners actually compete.
Have you read your weekly AI commentary? /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

Studios, caption your internet streams.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Carl Miller

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

• 1,461 posts

Posted December 17 2009 - 11:47 AM

I watched half of the first episode and was completely turned off by the way there was a commercial break after every performance. Then the one act I did like (the Bon Jovi guys) were voted off in favor of that horrid, shrill girl group from Utah. That was it for me.

Carl

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,419 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, Canada

Posted December 17 2009 - 04:47 PM

I've been watching and am really enjoying it. I'm convinced that nota is going to win it all as they have the best shot at being somewhat commercially successful ala Boys II Men or Take 6.

The Bubs will be a close second but I think a scandal will arise in the last minute involving rufies and underaged schoolgirls...they're too damned Eddie Haskell for my liking.

"Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted December 18 2009 - 12:07 AM

Can I just say that Nick Lachey is a horrible host. Not only is he stiff and definitely NOT funny, he cannot even pronounce NOTA correctly! It bugs the crap out me. It sounds like he says " No duh" every time he announces them.

NOTA should definitely win this as they are by far the most talented.
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,501 posts

Posted December 18 2009 - 09:29 AM

Hanson,

I think you would have been pleasantly surprised.  Considering you weathered the entire season of "I'm a Celebrity..." I am stunned that you took a pass on this - there are some entertaining moments.
There probably are a lot of commerical breaks but my DVR has completely spared me that pain.

It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,252 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted December 26 2009 - 03:18 PM

Yeah, Nick Lachey wasn't that great and I didn't like how they stretched out the announcements of which group was leaving.  Guess that goes with the territory.  I found all the groups to be entertaining, but from the first show I was convinced that Nota should win.  They got the the second place finisher correct (Beezelbulbs) too.  IMHO.

I was shocked that the group called Face (I think it was) exited so quickly and also surprised that the Max Factors lasted so long.  We DVR'd it and just finished the last episode tonight.  The performances with the stars were very good.

I'm an old fart and definitly not with it so many of the songs I was hearing for the first time.  I do like accapella, the Nylons are my favorites.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,507 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 04 2010 - 08:47 AM

Most of the acts were decent, but lordy was the production awful.  Nick Lachey just seemed uncomfortable all the time, and those absurd slow pans during the announcement of each elimination were almost comical.  What were they thinking?

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 13,859 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted January 07 2010 - 06:07 AM

I watched bits of it and the music was fun. I really enjoyed the pieces by the 'bubs. My wife, who no longer watches Idol, liked it even more than me and followed it to find out who won.