Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dish Network HD service - good?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm

Lead Actor

• 6,885 posts

Posted December 17 2009 - 12:25 AM

Not sure if this counts as hardware or software.  I'm thinking of getting HD service from Dish Network.  I've had very good experience with Dish's SD service for many years.  I am on the plan where we get a lot of movie channels but we don't have the "pay" services like HBO and Cinemax.  At my brothers' place in NYC I saw that MANY of the "HD" channels on his service are really just zoomed in 4:3 SD stuff scaled up to be "HD" but really suck bigtime.  Are Dish's channels like the "Encore" movie channels like that?  Otherwise, how is the Dish HD experience?  

I'm not planning on upgrading my old projector until it breaks.
Philip Hamm
Moderator Emeritus

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   atkins

atkins

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted January 01 2010 - 01:04 PM

my parents use dish network for their hd, i personally use comcast services.  the dish picture is just as good as my comcast experience for some channels, the ones filmed in hd originally (espn, local channels, speed, etc).  the channels that are not original hd programming suffer from  poor picture quality that you are talking about.  the only other negative that stood out was the lack of usefull channels and the ones i seem to want to watch are all extra money to get.

jeff