-

Photo
- - - - -

Cannell Productions and Mill Creek Entertainment releases?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   DNHJR

DNHJR

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 16 2009 - 11:14 AM

So, whats the image quality like on these? I'm wondering because they jam a season on only 4 DVDs. This in my book is a big no, no. 4 episodes a disc is standard and 5 episodes is pushing it.  Ad lease the Anchor Bay releases where 6 discs with 4 episodes a disc until they released those much hated DVD-18 discs, which was a big mistake.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 694 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted December 16 2009 - 02:48 PM

I purchased Wiseguy: The Complete First Season from Mill Creek and watched the episodes upscaled on a blu-ray dvd player on a 46-inch plasma tv, and they looked fine (obviously not reference quality, but still perfectly watchable without any major compression issues that my untrained eye could detect).  They put between 5 and 6 episodes on a disc, compared to the previous DVD releases which had 3-4 episodes per disc (with slightly better visual quality). 

Audio-wise, the older releases had Dolby Digital surround sound, whereas the Mill Creek versions were regular stereo, I think (it didn't specify on the packaging).

For the price, you can't beat these releases if you are willing to compromise a little bit on A/V quality.
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,276 posts

Posted December 17 2009 - 03:07 AM

They just announced Tenspeed and Brownshoe one of my favorite short lived series can't wait to get it, BTW Wiseguy is at Target for $5, not bad for that price.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Dan*T

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

• 525 posts

Posted December 17 2009 - 03:48 AM

I'm just waiting for seasons 4-7 of  Hunter. Lets hope they get it out before they pull the plug on the series again..
Dan T.