What's new

Cannell Productions and Mill Creek Entertainment releases? (1 Viewer)

DNHJR

Auditioning
Real Name
David
So, whats the image quality like on these? I'm wondering because they jam a season on only 4 DVDs. This in my book is a big no, no. 4 episodes a disc is standard and 5 episodes is pushing it. Ad lease the Anchor Bay releases where 6 discs with 4 episodes a disc until they released those much hated DVD-18 discs, which was a big mistake.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I purchased Wiseguy: The Complete First Season from Mill Creek and watched the episodes upscaled on a blu-ray dvd player on a 46-inch plasma tv, and they looked fine (obviously not reference quality, but still perfectly watchable without any major compression issues that my untrained eye could detect). They put between 5 and 6 episodes on a disc, compared to the previous DVD releases which had 3-4 episodes per disc (with slightly better visual quality).

Audio-wise, the older releases had Dolby Digital surround sound, whereas the Mill Creek versions were regular stereo, I think (it didn't specify on the packaging).

For the price, you can't beat these releases if you are willing to compromise a little bit on A/V quality.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
They just announced Tenspeed and Brownshoe one of my favorite short lived series can't wait to get it, BTW Wiseguy is at Target for $5, not bad for that price.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I'm just waiting for seasons 4-7 of Hunter. Lets hope they get it out before they pull the plug on the series again..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks