Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official AVATAR Discussion Thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted June 26 2012 - 07:54 AM

http://www.showbiz41...t-the-same-time I'll go on the record of saying this is BS. Three films in a row, this fall? Nope, BS, has to be. But thought I'd show the link regardless.

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,232 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 06:32 AM

Why BS? All three LOTR movies were shot simultaneously
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,735 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 06:56 AM

Well, it's definitely been said by Cameron that he was filming two sequels back-to-back. So either that plan has recently changed to 3 films instead of 2, or there was some sort of misunderstanding / misquote that lead to the report of a fourth film. Regardless of how many he does, my hope is that they are standalone stories that fit together into a larger overall naravtive and not just one big movie cut into two (like the Matrix Sequel).
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,337 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 27 2012 - 06:59 AM

Last I heard, they were shooting two sequels at the same time but something could have changed. They don't even have a direct quote from Weaver in that article so I assume she misspoke. Maybe she meant to say that "We're going to shoot parts 2 & 3 soon" but accidentally said "We're doing three movies soon".

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 07:49 AM

I was saying BS because we haven't heard anything, then all a sudden this "fall" they start shooting 3 films. Fall is a couple months away.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,411 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted June 27 2012 - 07:51 AM

Assuming the Sigourney is in the sequels, I presume she's some sort of spirit, since she did die.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,735 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 08:02 AM

I figured it would be that, or they could go the route of growing a new avatar body and somehow downloading her conciousness into it from the "planetary hard drive". Kind of a second attempt at what they tried in the first movie.
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,411 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted June 27 2012 - 03:03 PM

Yeah, that's a possibility. Though there was no hint of the ability to do a return trip in Avatar. But then, when Navi died, the body was dead and there was no receptacle for a return trip.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,063 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted June 27 2012 - 03:16 PM

But what would prevent them from doing the other way; telling the story of how they found the planet, and how she built the school or whatever?

Actually, I thought part of the storyline was supposed to be to look at what was going on with the other moons, etc and how they were all interconnected somehow

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 28 2012 - 05:19 AM

Please, please, ANYTHING but a prequel.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted June 28 2012 - 06:12 AM

It's not Cameron's style to bother with prequels, from what I know about him after reading his scripts he does not believe in spoon feeding his audience things they were already given background on previously.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,327 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted June 28 2012 - 01:23 PM

Having conquered 3D with Avatar, I trust Cameron will show us how 4D is done on the sequel. And maybe there's hope for finally breaking the 5D wall on the third? Awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users