What's new

Scorpion Releasing (new company that offers rare/obscure/campy flicks) (1 Viewer)

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
There's a new US company called Scorpion Releasing that offers rare/obscure/campy flicks on DVD.

Already available: SILENT SCREAM (1980)- Denny Harris - Review at the Beaver: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews47/silent_scream.htm
CHEERLEADERS' WILD WEEKEND (1979)- Jeff Werner - Review at the Beaver: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews47/cheerleaders_wild_weekend.htm

Coming on 01/26/2010:

GOODBYE GEMINI (1970)- Alan Gibson
DOCTOR DEATH, SEEKER OF SOULS (1972)- Edie Saeta

Coming on 02/23/2010

THE INTERNECINE PROJECT (1974)- Ken Hughes
THE LAST GRENADE (1970)- Gordon Flemyng
POWER PLAY (1978)- Martyn Burke

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
Originally Posted by Marcel H. /forum/thread/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks#post_3636375
Coming on 01/26/2010:
DOCTOR DEATH, SEEKER OF SOULS (1972) - Edie Saeta
Notable for a cameo by Moe Howard, his final film appearance.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Serega_M /forum/thread/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks#post_3636445
Hmm, more of them - better, but what about the quality of their transfers/presentation?
The DVD Beaver links that Marcel provided answer the question. I ordered Silent Scream. Looks like a fun company!

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Coming on 03/30/2010:
GIRLY (aka MUMSY, NANNY, SONNY AND GIRLY) (1970) - Freddie Francis
Coming on 04/27/2010:
ANNA TO THE INFINITE POWER (1983) - Robert Wiemer
OLD ENOUGH (1984) - Marisa Silver
Coming on 05/31/2010:
VOYAGER (1991) - Volker Schlöndorff
No date set yet:
BLACK RODEO (1972) - Jeff Kanew
GIRL IN BLUE (aka U-TURN) (1974) - George Kaczender
GREASER'S PALACE (1972) - Robert Downey Sr.
HUMAN EXPERIMENTS (1980) - Gregory Goodell
LEGACY (1972) - Karen Arthur
SAY HELLO TO YESTERDAY (1971) - Alvin Rakoff
SKATEBOARD: THE MOVIE (1978) - George Gage
WHO? (aka ROBO MAN) (1973) - Jack Gold

Brian Saur

Agent
Real Name
Brian Saur
Sounds like a neat company! I am interested in Who?(aka Robo Man) for sure. Any 70s era Elliot Gould I've not seen is a must.

Also Human Experiments(prison movie with Linda Haynes), Girl in Blue, Old Enough & Anna to the Infinite Power sound interesting.

Good to hear Greasers Palace will be back in print as well. And who's not a fan of the Allen Garfield classic Skateboard: The Movie?(just kidding).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Is Power Play the same film which was being released by Code Red? That was listed as coming soon, or had a release date on their website, and then it vanished.
Would be nice if Scorpion Releasing could release Deadly Strangers (starring Hayley Mills), The Gemini Affair and Stepfather III on DVD.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /forum/thread/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks#post_3639864
Is Power Play the same film which was being released by Code Red? That was listed as coming soon, or had a release date on their website, and then it vanished.
Would be nice if Scorpion Releasing could release Deadly Strangers (starring Hayley Mills), The Gemini Affair and Stepfather III on DVD.
Kind of a random list of requests there. Unfortunately, I don't think any of those are available to them - DEADLY STRANGERS should be controlled by Granada, THE GEMINI AFFAIR is owned by Matt Cimber but the negative is lost, and STEPFATHER III is owned lock and stock by Lionsgate.
POWER PLAY is the same movie initially announced by Code Red. As mentioned at other message boards, Scorpion Releasing was founded by former Code Red personnel, and as part of a "divorce" settlement, some titles that had been planned for CR (like SILENT SCREAM and CHEERLEADERS' WILD WEEKEND) have come or will be coming out through Scorpion instead, such as POWER PLAY, THE INTERNECINE PROJECT, and THE FARMER.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thank you for your reply. I didn't realise they were random suggestions. I just suggested some films I'd like to see released by Scorpion Releasing. And I don't post on a lot of film forums, so I didn't realise that Code Red had something to do with Scorpion Releasing.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A few other suggestions...

Starcrash (1979)
New Year's Evil (1981)
The Caller (1987).

walter o

Supporting Actor
STAR CRASH= New World, so Shout Factory might have the rights

NEW YEARS EVIL and THE CALLER = MGM, so hopefully from their archieve program?

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
That's odd in this day and age /img/vbsmilies/htf/confused.gif
Originally Posted by TonyD /forum/thread/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks#post_3645090
Apparently they do not have a web site.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by walter o /forum/thread/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks#post_3644454
STAR CRASH= New World, so Shout Factory might have the rights
NEW YEARS EVIL and THE CALLER = MGM, so hopefully from their archieve program?
The 30th anniversary of Starcrash has passed now, but I would still like to see it released on DVD.
Another suggestion:
Investigation of a Citizen Under Suspicion.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Hope it's ok, I've made a post on the IMDb on the forums for the films The Internecine Project and Power Play saying they are being released by Scorpion Releasing on 23rd February, and that the source of the information is Amazon.com and this thread on the Home Theater Forum.

Stefan Andersson

Second Unit
Some release ideas:
Freda´s DR HITCHOCK and THE GHOST
THE GHOUL, Francis
LEGEND OF THE WEREWOLF, Francis
TIS A PITY SHES A WHORE, C Rampling
ZULU DAWN
GAME FOR VULTURES
THE LONG DUEL
IL LUNGHI GIORNI DELLA VENDETTA, G. Gemma, the X-Rated Kult DVD feat. short edit in 2.35 and long edit in 1.85 is OOP at Xploited Cinema
KILLER FORCE/DIAMOND MERCENARIES
Christopher Lee´s hospital movie (1974), dir. Sidney Hayers
CARAVAN TO VACCARES
THE DISPUTATION (1985, TV), Christopher Lee, Toyah Willcox

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks