Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Scarecrow & Mrs. King

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,572 posts

Posted December 08 2009 - 01:15 PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SCARECROW & MRS. KING
THE EMMY® AWARD-WINNING POPULAR 80s ACTION SERIES
MAKES ITS HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED DEBUT
ON DVD MARCH  9, 2010
FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO

Release to Feature all 21 Episodes from
the Show’s Debut Season in a Five-Disc Collectors’ Set

Posted Image

BURBANK, CA (December 8, 2009) – Warner Home Video (WHV) brings the first season of Scarecrow & Mrs. King to DVD March 9, 2010.  Starring television icons Kate Jackson (Charlie’s Angels) and Bruce Boxleitner (Babylon 5), Scarecrow & Mrs. King is a cloak and dagger dramedy, following the exploits of a secret agent who reluctantly teams up with a divorced mother.  Scarecrow & Mrs. King: The Complete First Season will feature all 21 episodes from the show’s first season on five discs and will retail for $39.98 SRP. 

Goodbye, PTA…hello, foreign intrigue! Single mom Amanda King leads a quiet suburban life in Washington DC until the day a dashing stranger shoves a package in her hands with instructions to give it to the man in the red hat. In no time, Amanda is dodging bullets, foiling assassination plots – and finding herself drawn to the dashing stranger, agent Lee Stetson, aka Scarecrow. Of course, Scarecrow has no interest in a ditsy amateur spy, no matter how pretty.  But she certainly is handy in a crisis! Share the fun in the lighthearted series that proves laughs and romance are powerful weapons in the battle to protect national security.

The Emmy® Award-winning Scarecrow & Mrs. King first premiered in 1983 on CBS and aired for four successful seasons.

“Fans have been asking for Scarecrow & Mrs. King to be released on DVD for several years,” said Rosemary Markson, WHV Vice President, TV and Special Interest Marketing. “We are delighted to finally bring this wonderful series to consumers. Kate Jackson and Bruce Boxleitner as Amanda and Lee are one of television’s most charming and memorable couples, and we know fans will be thrilled to own this complete season one release.”      

Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted December 08 2009 - 10:50 PM

Ron, thanks for the news post.  This one's a buy for me.  I haven't seen these since they were aired in the 80's.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted February 19 2010 - 02:23 AM

Today Axelmusic sent already Season 1 to me, so I´ll probably get it next Friday(live in Germany).
I haven´t seen the series for 25 years.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,318 posts

Posted February 19 2010 - 05:08 AM

Wow, that was indeed quick, I'm getting this baby next month. Hopefully Warner will see these older shows are in fact wanted. 

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,365 posts

Posted February 19 2010 - 07:34 AM

yes, i am looking forward to this release as well. i always liked kate jackson, she was doll. I have the rookies 1st season she was only like 24 yrs old. My fav angels were Jacklyn Smith and Kate Jackson. I still have a fascination with brunettes today, lol. My taste has not changed in 30 yrs, lol

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted February 22 2010 - 08:01 AM

I noticed Amazon has an image of the rear package artwork up. If anyone cares to have a look.

Link

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted March 16 2012 - 11:53 PM

Two days ago I received Season 3. The picture quality was not as good as many remastered CBS/Paramount shows(Hawaii Five O, Streets of San Francisco etc...) but I´m glad that Warner released the show. Hopefully we´ll get the last Season next year.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,318 posts

Posted March 17 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'm glad too only a little surprised knowing how picky Warner can be they still went with traditional DVDs for this title and not as an archive release (is it truly cult anywhere but in Germany?), but it leaves hope for more 80s and 70s stuff on the preferred discs, I should think. Yes, the picture hasn't been remastered but it's okay looking so I don't mind. Since it's only March now, maybe they'll pull another surprise on us and yank that final season out there this year rather than wait for 2013.