What's new

"Doctor Zhivago" Digibook art work up at Amazon.com (1 Viewer)

Greg_M

Screenwriter
[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/thumbs/f/f9/Doctor%20Zhivagp%20Bluray.jpg/1000x800px-LL-Doctor%20Zhivagp%20Bluray.jpg]
1000x500px-LL-DZ%20cover.gif
[/url]

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Nice artwork, although I would have preferred the original poster art. I also wish they'd use standard BR cases.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
I love the Digibox format, but I too would have prefered the original art work - why do they always feel the need to change it - esp when it's so beautiful??

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Originally Posted by RobertR

Nice artwork, although I would have preferred the original poster art. I also wish they'd use standard BR cases.
I long for the days when Warner used the very stylish gatefold packaging for their Two-Disc SE DVDs. I wonder why they stopped using them. I also don't understand why they changed their custom of using original poster artwork on the packaging. Whenever I see something like that Dr Zhivago art I cringe - it sort of cheapens the movie and lessens the experience a bit. Bring back the beautiful artwork, please!

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Luisito34

I long for the days when Warner used the very stylish gatefold packaging for their Two-Disc SE DVDs. I wonder why they stopped using them. I also don't understand why they changed their custom of using original poster artwork on the packaging. Whenever I see something like that Dr Zhivago art I cringe - it sort of cheapens the movie and lessens the experience a bit. Bring back the beautiful artwork, please!
Perhaps someone will do a custom cover using the original artwork.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
When I think of how the beautiful, stylish and distinctive original poster art was used on the DVD but the Blu-Ray uses this generic, Photoshop-floating-head "eh, whatever" cover, it disappoints me.

At least it's better than the cover for "Fame" (the original).

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind the digibook packaging and I'm glad this isn't a Box O Junk exclusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks