What's new

I couldn't resist: Now I'm a paparazzo (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Ladies and Gentlemen, The Jonas Brothers:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kadath/4164885115/

=)

There I was minding my own business taking pictures of the action on the field at the Giants game when people started completely freaking out around me, it was like they saw the Beatles or something. My nephew starts jumping up and down hyperventilating, I think hes gonna pass out, he's screaming at me to take their picture. The crowd is shouting that it's only two of em but then my nephew sees the back of my DSLR and informs them it's all three.

Full set from the game, the seats were great being able to see the players come out of the tunnel so close, but not really great for game shots:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kadath/sets/72157622827314509/

I wouldnt know a Jonas brother if a whale coughed em up but there you go... Never underestimate the power of tagging photos right on Flickr. So far I'm on track for a couple thousand views on these shots today... And that's before any of the JB fan blogs have linked to the shots.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Woot, I've arrived as a photographer! Someone has stolen my picture and reposted it on Flickr as their own =) I sicced Yahoo legal on em but they guy just deleted it, and he sent me an email apologizing. Actually we had quite a nice conversation, not sure I believe a word he said tho =)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Wow....at least the guy is civilized enuff to do that...though also had a set of brass ones to think he can get away with it...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Wow, Sam, you had a great seat for getting excellent action shots! What types of restrictions do the Giants place on bringing in camera equipment?

I can't believe someone would have the guts/stupidity to steal your photos and repost them on the same site claiming them as his own!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I quashed that one guy and now today 10 more people are doing it, including the guys at www.johashq.org

I dont really really freak out over it, its just the principle =)

Giants have a loosely defined "no pro cameras". In my opinion a D300 and a consumer zoom don't qualify against that. =)

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
I think to be a true paparazzo, you have to get in their faces. It's not easy to do if you're reasonably polite and mannered. Earlier this year, I shot an event honoring Tony Curtis with a red carpet arrival and all, and it seemed if I wanted to be in the right place at the right time, I would not only have to compete with other photographers who weren't working for the organizers, but also with little old ladies who loved Curtis and wanted to get near him. I managed to get a few good shots and some video, but it was an eye-opening experience (normally I shoot architecture, where the big issue is "Can we cut down that tree that's in the way?").

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Totally agree Dan, my subject line was intended to be both humorous and self deprecating. I've enjoyed shooting Celebs at HTF events but this was the first time I've ever done it out in public without the subject's awareness. It's not really my bag =)

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks