Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

yamaha HTR-6290 - can i turn speakers off?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   matthewRaz

matthewRaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted December 06 2009 - 12:01 PM

hi guys - just hooked up my yamaha HTR-6290 receiver and i can't seem to turn the speakers off. i only have main l + r, and i listen to headphones through a dedicated headphone amp connected to the pre-outs.

my old yamaha receiver had speaker off settings on the front panel AND the remote.

i tried to save a preset with the speakers levels turned down but not only did the level not go to zero, it went down through the pre-outs too.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted December 07 2009 - 12:53 AM

There is no listing on Yamahas site for the HTR-6290. Their top HTR series receiver listed, is the HTR-6280. I looked in it's owner's manual.

Look on page 25 (if it's the same) of the owner's manual, under "Using your headphones."
It says that when you plug in your headphones, no signals are output at the speaker terminals. So, there should be no sound from the speakers. If you're still getting sound, contact Yamaha about it.

Samsung HL61A750 (LED DLP)            Onkyo TX-SR805
Oppo BDP-83 Blu ray                                  Polk Audio LSi9
Polk Audio LSiC                                  Sony SS-MB100H
SVS PC12-NSD (Sub)                       ...

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   matthewRaz

matthewRaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted December 07 2009 - 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewRaz View Post

i listen to headphones through a dedicated headphone amp connected to the pre-outs.

thanks for looking that up, but it's not the situation i'm in.

does anyone have an hdmi switching, analog to hdmi up-converting receiver they know will allow me to turn off the speaker output separate from the pre-amp outs?