What's new

yamaha HTR-6290 - can i turn speakers off? (1 Viewer)

matthewRaz

Stunt Coordinator
hi guys - just hooked up my yamaha HTR-6290 receiver and i can't seem to turn the speakers off. i only have main l + r, and i listen to headphones through a dedicated headphone amp connected to the pre-outs.

my old yamaha receiver had speaker off settings on the front panel AND the remote.

i tried to save a preset with the speakers levels turned down but not only did the level not go to zero, it went down through the pre-outs too.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
There is no listing on Yamahas site for the HTR-6290. Their top HTR series receiver listed, is the HTR-6280. I looked in it's owner's manual.

Look on page 25 (if it's the same) of the owner's manual, under "Using your headphones."
It says that when you plug in your headphones, no signals are output at the speaker terminals. So, there should be no sound from the speakers. If you're still getting sound, contact Yamaha about it.

matthewRaz

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by matthewRaz

i listen to headphones through a dedicated headphone amp connected to the pre-outs.
thanks for looking that up, but it's not the situation i'm in.

does anyone have an hdmi switching, analog to hdmi up-converting receiver they know will allow me to turn off the speaker output separate from the pre-amp outs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks