Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 12-8-2009

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 of 60 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,231 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 05 2009 - 04:49 PM

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 60 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,048 posts

Posted December 05 2009 - 04:54 PM

I won't be able to provide this week's catalogue titles on sale at Target and Best Buy, real life interferes with my online life, unfortunately.  I'll try to do better next week.

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#3 of 60 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,231 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 05 2009 - 05:16 PM

Best Buy

Blu-Ray titles on sale this week:

$19.99:  Star Trek (2009), Terminator Salvation, Crank 2, Aliens vs. Monsters.

$24.99:  Ice Age: Dawn of Dinosaurs, Wolverine, Angels & Demons

$29.99:  Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian.

DVD titles on sale this week:

$12.99:  Crank 2.

$14.99:  Star Trek (2009), Ice Age: Dawn of Dinosaurs, Wolverine, Monsters vs. Aliens.

$19.99:  Terminator Salvation, 2-pack of Monsters vs. Aliens/Bob's Big Break, Night at the Museum 2: Battle/Smithsonian.

DVD Sets:

$149.99:  Sopranos Complete Series

$139.99: Stargate Complete Series

$99.99:  The Wire Complete Series, Seinfeld Complete Series, Deadwood Complete Series.

$39.99:  The Complete Monty Python's Flying Circus.

$32.99:  Mummy Trilogy.

$29.99:  Fast & Furious Trilogy, BBC Planet Earth.

Blu-ray Sets:

$69.99:  Star Trek Original Motion Picture Collection

$49.99:  The Mummy Trilogy, Fast & Furious Trilogy, Ultimate Matrix, Dirty Harry Ultimate Collector's Set.

$46.99: Batman Motion Picture Anthology.

$39.99:  BBC Planet Earth.

TV Sets:

Blu-ray:

$21.99:  Mad Men: S2

$14.99:  Weeds: S4

DVD: 

$19.99:  Dexter: S3.

$29.99:  The Office: S5, 30 Rock: S3, Big Bang Theory: S2.

$24.99:  nip/tuck: S5 Part 2.

$27.99:  Battlestar Galactica: S4.5, Two and a Half Men: S6.

$32.99:  Bones: S4, House: S5, Gossip Girl: S2, One Tree Hill: S6.

$39.99:  Heroes: S3.

Target:

$10 DVDs:  Enchanted, National Treasure 2, New in Town, A Christmas Story.  Each title shown and selected others.

$7.50 DVDs:  Various Harry Potter films (not sure which), Jingle All the Way.  Each title shown and selected others.

TV on DVD: 

$9.99:  V: Complete Series

$16.99:  Flight of the Conchords: Season 1 or 2

$18.99:  It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: S4

$22.99:  Big Bang Theory: S2, Two and a Half Men: S6.

$24.99:  30 Rock: S3.

$26.99: The Office: S5, Fringe: S1.

$29.99:  Bones: S4, House: S 1-5 each.

$32.99:  True Blood: S1, Heroes: S3.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#4 of 60 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,517 posts

Posted December 05 2009 - 06:34 PM

WOW!  I'm the first poster this week!  (Couldn't sleep...)
A couple rentals:  Julie and Julia, Public Enemies (to watch with dad-he's the "gangster" movie fan and I want to see it because it was filmed in Milwaukee, Chicago and Minoqua WI where we visitied the Little Bohemia Inn this past summer.  It was where the famous shoot-out occurred and they actually filmed it there.  They even left prop guns to be displayed in the bar!)
and a MUST-BUY!:  Perry Mason!

#5 of 60 OFFLINE   Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,275 posts

Posted December 05 2009 - 11:53 PM

Mike, what's the "**" on the Potter films signify?  Thanks.

#6 of 60 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,944 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted December 06 2009 - 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Al.Anderson [url=/forum/thread/295580/weekly-roundup-12-8-2009#post_3635220]  Thanks Mike.  

#7 of 60 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,823 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 06 2009 - 03:14 AM

I'll be picking up Lost: Season Five on Blu-ray. I'll get The Fugitive: Season Three- Volume Two somewhere down the line.

Thanks for the prices, guys! 

#8 of 60 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,413 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 06 2009 - 06:39 AM

so these extended Potter movies have never been on dvd or blu before?

facebook.com/whotony

#9 of 60 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,231 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 06 2009 - 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by TonyD [url=/forum/thread/295580/weekly-roundup-12-8-2009#post_3635309]  Thanks Mike.  

Jason:  Bummer about your job.  Stay positive and bounce back, my friend!

I'll be picking up HP on blu at W-M.  Can't beat that $15.  Wonder if Amazon'll be matching that price for it's pre-orders?!? 

#10 of 60 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,413 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 06 2009 - 06:52 AM

So then I suppose that these Potters will certainly be released again on blu with the longer cuts included, since the long cuts are NOT on blu, right?

facebook.com/whotony

#11 of 60 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,762 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted December 06 2009 - 06:53 AM

Is the $15 BluRay of Half-Blood Prince at Walmart a combo pack with DVD and digital copy, or is it just the Bluray disc? At that price, I'm feeling suspicious.

#12 of 60 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,231 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 06 2009 - 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by TonyD 

So then I suppose that these Potters will certainly be released again on blu with the longer cuts included, since the long cuts are NOT on blu, right?
No.  The Ultimate Editions are available this week on the first two chapters (SS & CoS) on both DVD and Blu.

Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt 

Is the $15 BluRay of Half-Blood Prince at Walmart a combo pack with DVD and digital copy, or is it just the Bluray disc? At that price, I'm feeling suspicious.
Don't know for sure, Adam.  I understand your suspicions...but it's only a buck or so cheaper than most other places.  I think it's just a loss-leader for them this week.  It's pretty prominent in their flyer. 

#13 of 60 OFFLINE   TonyTone

TonyTone

Supporting Actor

• 728 posts

Posted December 06 2009 - 07:24 AM

YMMV but it may be possible to get HPatHBP for $10 (before tax) at Target by PM to Walmart's ad price, THEN redeeming the $5-off Blu-ray purchase of $5 or more Target Web Coupon (which expires 12/24/09) that's available.  It is crucial that the steps just outlined be performed in the order given since if you redeem the coupon first, the resulting transaction price will pretty much be equal to Walmart's ad price (well, it'll be a penny less for you nitpickers--LOL), thus negating the need to PM and as such, any additional savings you would have achieved had you stacked the PM and coupon in the order given.

#14 of 60 OFFLINE   Ric Easton

Ric Easton

Screenwriter

• 2,814 posts

Posted December 06 2009 - 08:11 AM

Am I mistaken or is the 3 disc Blu-ray of Half Blood Prince cheaper than the 2 discer DVD at both Amazon and Best Buy?  Looks like the age of Blu is here!

#15 of 60 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,823 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 06 2009 - 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ric Easton 

Am I mistaken or is the 3 disc Blu-ray of Half Blood Prince cheaper than the 2 discer DVD at both Amazon and Best Buy?  Looks like the age of Blu is here!

Also, Public Enemies is $20 on Blu-ray at Amazon and Best Buy and $23 for the two-disc DVD. That being said, I'm sure those prices will end immediately after the holidays and Blu-rays will go back to $25 or $30 a piece at brick and mortar stores.

#16 of 60 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 06 2009 - 08:49 AM

No mistake at all.  I've noticed a few releases recently where this has happened with or without a coupon.

The WM vs Amazon price diff gets a bit strange when you include sales tax, possibly free shipping with Amazon, and counter that with
Bing Cash Back of 20% if you do such things.    WM as low as 12.26 (+tax of  8% for me) if you don't mind waiting.

I'm still hoping to get Target to make a deal and very nice this week since WM actually has a print ad to carry into the store.

If I could figure out a way around the 60 days to get the money issue with Bing I'd be more likely to use it regularly, but so far I'm at a loss.

#17 of 60 ONLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,762 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted December 06 2009 - 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

No.  The Ultimate Editions are available this week on the first two chapters (SS & CoS) on both DVD and Blu.

Anyone know if there is actually new footage/FX inserted (like with the LOTR films), or are these just insertions of the same deleted scenes included on the prior releases?

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#18 of 60 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,231 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 06 2009 - 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Malcolm R 

Anyone know if there is actually new footage/FX inserted (like with the LOTR films), or are these just insertions of the same deleted scenes included on the prior releases?
Maybe Cameron will check in, but in his review HERE of HPa tSS UE he says it's just the 7 minutes of deleted scenes we've had access to before inserted into the film iself.

I think he's going to have a review up of Chamber of Secrets, too. 

#19 of 60 OFFLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,388 posts

Posted December 06 2009 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the round-up

Perry Mason is a must buy for me.   Too bad CBS/P won't go full seasons on these or pick up the pace of releases though...it will take another 5 years to finish out the series assuming it ever makes it that far.
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#20 of 60 ONLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,762 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted December 06 2009 - 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

Maybe Cameron will check in, but in his review HERE of HPa tSS UE he says it's just the 7 minutes of deleted scenes we've had access to before inserted into the film iself.

I think he's going to have a review up of Chamber of Secrets, too. 

That's what I suspected.  No reason to pick those up, I guess, at least until I decide to upgrade to Blu.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users